MAC over rated

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I know there are tons of MAC loves here, but does anyone think they are over rated? Maybe I'm the minority but imo makeupforever seems to be of much higher quality. Not saying MAC is not any good but there are other brands.

Reaction score
Yes, there are lots of great brands out there. But MAC is excellent for the price. I love MUFE as well, but they're more expensive.

Reaction score
I like MAC and I think they constantly have new products out which is why I love them. They are affordable and they are what's hot now. Now, I do think there are a ton of other great makeup brands out there too. I like NARS, Stila, Bourgoise(sp.) Urban Decay etc...too but MAC is my heart!!!

Reaction score
I think it could be, but that's only because there are tons of MAC lovers. I think those who love MAC truly love it, otherwise they wouldn't rave about it so much (at least I hope so- I mean, if I didn't love something I wouldn't promote it). Their customer service is honestly the best of any mu line (IMO), their colors and staying power are phenomenal...The only thing I don't like is their foundations. Those broke me out in high school. Now they don't, but I've found some better h/e foundations I love. I will always buy my l/g or e/s from MAC though!!

Reaction score
I think it's over-rated, but I still buy a many of their products because they are GOOD. I love a lot of different brands- mark, Smashbox, MAC those are my favs. MAC has great e/s, l/g and MSFs but I buy my foundation and face producst from mark and brushes are mark and Smashbox. If MAC is someone's preference, I won't hate on them though, you like what you like!

Reaction score
I used to think that before I tried a lot of different things from there. Now I understand why so many people rave about MAC.

Reaction score
I love a lot of MAC's products. Not all of them. Mainly eyeshadows, and l/s and lipglasses. Oh Strobe cream too. They also have great brushes. That's about it for me. I hate their mascara, foundation... I also think their pigments are overrated. Although I have more than a few.

Reaction score
They are, but I think it's because their products are pretty good and cheaper than most non-drugstore brands. And because they offer a wide variety of products and colors.

Reaction score
I only have a few products by MAC and I'm happy with most of it. My swimming and Humid e/s are nice and so are my piggies, but I'm very disappointed with my BEautiful Iris and parfait Amour e/s.

Reaction score
Hmmm, the only MAC stuff I have are the lipglosses and (soon) some MSF's. The lipglasses I am sooooooo happy with, and I'm pretty confident I'll love the MSF's also.
MAC is a really good price for the quality of the make-up, though.

Reaction score
I used to think so too, but after using more of it they really are good. I think others are too, like Smashbox, Stila, etc. but as others have said, they're more expensive AND they don't have the HUGE color selection that MAC has.

Reaction score
A few years ago, MAC was an absolutely amazing line. But, lately I have found the quality of the new products (apart from the odd stand out) have not been up to the same standard. To be honest, I've sold a heap of my mac on ebay and used the money to buy mmu.

Reaction score
Okay... I just got my MAC 182 brush in the mail, and I LOVE it!! So not overrated! It's better than my bare escentuals, tarte, and chanel one. It was $45, but worth every penny.

Reaction score
I kind of agree with you - for years people raved about MAC lipstics but I find them to be very drying. I love their eyeshadows and lipglass. I guess it depends on the item.

Reaction score
I like MAC's eyeshadows, but I'm not crazy in love with the brand though. I have broken out after using some of their foundation and most recently the strobe cream did a number on my skin.

I rarely break out normally.

Reaction score
I'm a new user of MAC. I just ordered blindly from their website because of the talk and all the pictures posted on MUT. I have to say, I'm loving the eyeshadows and pigments for the staying power. I''m a big mineral user so I don't think I'll be doing a ton of MAC, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for new products.

Reaction score
i have some of their piggies, Thanx to MUT sellers, and they have great staying power, as i have other named brands of piggies and i notice i have to use alot and still it dont stay and i use UDPP but yet only mac stays. looking at buyin more from here when i get my other things in the mail.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know there are tons of MAC loves here, but does anyone think they are over rated? Maybe I'm the minority but imo makeupforever seems to be of much higher quality. Not saying MAC is not any good but there are other brands. Hi,

No doubt they're over-rated. Years ago, before Estee Lauder purchased the company, their products were of a better quality. Not only that, but they geared more to the pro artist as opposed to the consumer. The founders of MAC were makeup artists themselves, so they understood the true needs of a makeup artist.

I still buy some things from MAC, but I'm glad that the products of other companies such as MUFE, Ben Nye, Kryolan, Cineman Secrets, RCMA, etc... are in my pro kit too.

Reaction score
Over rated? maybe.. do i still buy lots of MAC things... yes.

Latest posts