MAC Paints vs. Shadesticks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,

I havent buy any mac paints and shadesticks. What is the difference between them. Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by jamie18meng hi guys, I havent buy any mac paints and shadesticks. What is the difference between them. Thanks so much.

Well, paints are a cream shadow... but most people use them as an eyeshadow base to help them stay on longer and to keep from creasing. Shadesticks can be worn alone for color, or used under eyeshadow to help make the colors more vibrant. Shadesticks are similar to a cream shadow, but come in a retractable 'stick'. I love shadesticks... they are really versatile
smile.gif

The only review on shadesticks that I found (at least as of a few days ago) said that they dried out kind of quickly, has anyone else experienced that? Because they *look* like they might be similar to my beloved discontinued L'Oreal Color Frescos ... the few times that I've tried more "liquid" e/s (like Mac Paints but I've only tried drugstore brands) it's been hard for me to blend them and get a good application!

they might have dried out because they didn't close them all of the way

there are like two rings around it, so it closes when you push it and hear two clicks

Originally Posted by girl_geek The only review on shadesticks that I found (at least as of a few days ago) said that they dried out kind of quickly, has anyone else experienced that? Because they *look* like they might be similar to my beloved discontinued L'Oreal Color Frescos ... the few times that I've tried more "liquid" e/s (like Mac Paints but I've only tried drugstore brands) it's been hard for me to blend them and get a good application! Hmmm... I've had mine for awhile with no problems, they probably didn't close it right - like Liz said... plus if you twist it all the way down when you're done, it's not really exposed to much air to dry out
icon_wink.gif

I've been using paints for over a year now and I've noticed they can dry my lids out if I use them too often. I love the colour range of shadesticks but some of the newer ones are a bit gritty. I try and alternate them but I couldn't say which I prefer.

Originally Posted by Trisha hey Becky, you are posting!!!
the shadesticks are a bit hit & miss texture wise! like shimmermint is really gritty but corn is lovely xx

Yup, thought I'd better get myself over here after all your nagging
tongue.gif

Same here, I don't like the texture of Shimmermint but Corn is so creamy.

the newer ones have more glitter particles in it that makes it gritty

Back