MAC pigment question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought my first MAC pigment (full sized) a few days ago, and I was reading the little info packet that was in the box. It states that certain shades should not be used in the eye area. I have a few questions:

1. What am I supposed to do with those pigments if they aren't supposed to go on my eyes?

2. Why can only some pigments be used on the eyes and others not?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Charmaine I think some pigments can not be used on eyes because the particles may be too big, I'm just not sure. yep, that´s true. if there are big glitter chunks the tendency they might fall off your lids is bigger. I heard it can get pretty nasty if you get them in your eyes. I still wear my Cornflower pigment on my lids though...although it is NOT eyesafe
wink.gif

I just bought cornflower as well and noticed the warning in the bottle a little too late. I thought the attendant would mention the not recommended for eyes or lips, since I mentioned I was looking for a color to use on my eyes- but I guess it slipped her mind.

so where exactly do you use cornflower if not the eyes? That is if I dont want to smurf up my body? No such chance that my A56 formula may have been reformulated for the face and eyes?

Any suggestions?

if i recall correctly, the pigments that were once not eye-safe now are. i could be totally wrong, though, so i'm sure someone will chime in soon and confirm!

You can mix them into nail polish, lipgloss, highlights and like Scarlette said body art. I just make sure im extra care ful and use more of a base so it will stick better.

all the pigments i have are eye safe, but one is not lip safe (naval blue). it's something about the ingredients. i copied and pasted it from fyrinnae :

Ultramarines: These colourants are seen in cosmetic uses in vibrant blue, violet, and pink shades. Historically, the royal blue colour was created by grinding the gemstone lapis lazuli to powder, but of course now they are lab-made by reacting minerals such as kaolin clay, silica, and sulfur. These colourants should not be used on the lips (and of course we note what products are not lip-safe).

FD&C, D&C, and Aluminum Lake dyes: These are dyes approved by the US FDA for drug, cosmetic, and often food use. Most are not approved for use on the eyes, and only some are for use on the lips. We only use 5 different dyes in our cosmetics, and they are not in all of them of course. Dyes give much more vibrant colours, and a wider colour range than iron oxides or ultramarines can, and are desired for that effect.

Latest posts

Back