MAC pigment stain my eyelid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
teal pigment. once i wiped it with a makeup remover, there's a stain on my eyelid.

i checked and it's not lip safe. so it shld be ok to use on the eye. now im afraid of using it.. and i just recently bought it. PLUS i love the colour. help??

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif just get some mu remover......oil based preferably that's what i used. fancl cleansing oil

Next time, you could use a primer to create a little more of a barrier between your skin and the pigment powder. That will help tremendously.

yea i agree with nox, that has never happened to me, yet again, i always use paints on my lids, all the time!

yeah, dont be scared to use it, with all high pigmented colors you run the risk of staining especially with red based ones

makeupforver is some of the best and most pigmented mu (more so than mac IMO) and the reds tend to stain. it doesnt mean its not safe but good for you for asking

like nox said, use a base and some oil based mu remover and youll be fine.

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif yall got neutrogena there? If so buy some of that. I like this, its the only one that doesnt burn my lids. lol

Have yet to experience something like this...thanks for posting. I would never of thought that MU would or could do that.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Next time, you could use a primer to create a little more of a barrier between your skin and the pigment powder. That will help tremendously. i did... i used a concealor as a base

hm.. tried it again and it still stained
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

yea. im so confused. i think i tried it 10000000 times haha okok.. to be precise, i tried it 6 times but it still stained... LOL. i really like the colour. dont know what to do with it now.

I think the oil you are using to take it off might be causing it to stain.

I was going to suggest using a primer. Hmm, the darker blue and green mmu pigments can stain so maybe it's the same problem.

Perhaps try a different base under the pigment?

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif teal pigment. once i wiped it with a makeup remover, there's a stain on my eyelid.
i checked and it's not lip safe. so it shld be ok to use on the eye. now im afraid of using it.. and i just recently bought it. PLUS i love the colour. help??

Hi,
Since your above comment, have you used the teal pigment again and removed it using some of the suggestions?

just dnt apply anything for a couple of days and hofully it well go .... best of luck

Latest posts

Back