MAC Pigments ??? What am I doing wrong?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I made my first MAC pigments purchase. I got some of the samples on ebay. Tan, vanilla, melon, blue brown, choc brown, frost, golden lemon, pink bronze.

I have only used tan, vanilla, on the eyes and melon on lips so far.

My question is they did not stay on my eyes for more than 3 hrs at the most. My base was MAC bare canvas. I applied a tiny amount to my brush (dry). This morning I used a wet brush and used tan or choc brown for eyeliner. It went on nicely.

Should I be using the pigments with a wet brush for eyes? Is that after I apply regular shadow or can I use pigment and forgo shadow?

Should I use my fingertip?

I see all the photos of eyes on here and I did not get the dramatic color at all. Just a pale hue that faded quickly.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I am new on the board and was so excited to get the pigments but I really wanted them to last.

I am a big fan of Smashbox eye shadows. They last all day (for me) even after a workout. I guess I shouldnt compare them but I really thought the pigment would last longer. I guess I will see at the end of today if the wet brush and pigment made a difference.

Originally Posted by jmrut22 Ok so I made my first MAC pigments purchase. I got some of the samples on ebay. Tan, vanilla, melon, blue brown, choc brown, frost, golden lemon, pink bronze.
I have only used tan, vanilla, on the eyes and melon on lips so far.

My question is they did not stay on my eyes for more than 3 hrs at the most. My base was MAC bare canvas. I applied a tiny amount to my brush (dry). This morning I used a wet brush and used tan or choc brown for eyeliner. It went on nicely.

wish i could help hon, i'm sure you the girls here will though..
smile.gif
but i was wondering,it's the first time i know that pigments could be used on lips
icon_eek.gif

do you use'em, dry or wet ,and how? ..

Try an e/s primer (I use Urban Decay), or use a cream base for the pigments and gently pat the color on your lid (try not to 'sweep', or the cream will mix with the pigment = messy!).

That's really strange. Hmmmmm....

I usually use MAC Bare Canvas, Stilife or Pixel as my base with the pigments and I haven't had any problems. I have really pale skin and the darker colors last on me all day. The only color I've had last shorter than 6-8 hours is Provence.

I use a brush to put the paint on and then a brush to put the pigment on.

Hmmm...I'm not sure what to tell you. I know some girls on here have used a MAC spray (I forget the name) to set their makeup. You might give that a try.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good Luck!

i was also going to suggest an e/s primer. if your eyelids are oily or you have oily skin your e/s may not last long. urban decay potion primer is great and helps e/s to last all day long. i purchased mine from ulta for 14.00.

Well I just checked and my pigment used as eyeshadow and liner is still going strong. Maybe I just didnt apply enough the first time. It said use very little so maybe that is what happen.

I used a little more this morning and it made quite a difference. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad habit.

I have not tried the urban decay stuff right now I use bare canvas paint and it works really well.

To the poster who asked about lips. What I did was use my regular lip gloss then apply pigment over it with a brush. I just dabbed a little in the upper and lower pout of my lips it left a nice glow I used "melon". I have heard there are certain colors you should not use on your lips. Some one may be able to help me out but I want to say it is the greens, and blues and darker stuff like purples.

Applying more may be what you need to do - I don't need much though!! Even though I use a different base, I find pigments to be very pigmented and they last all day on me. I hope you can make them work for you!!
smile.gif

Back