MAC Pigments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ALLY2383 do yall do pictures of different make up looks? Check out Trisha's notepad. I would point you to it but its better if you find it on your own that way you can learn your way around here.
PPPPSSSSSS =======>>>>>Look at the top right hand side of the Makeup Talk & look for moderators. Click on Trisha's name and click on view Notepad.

Also, you can get pigment samples at the MAC stores, ebay (make sure they are reliable sellers) or LiveJournal (this is where I get mine from).

i found it thanks wow she is awesome. what is live journal? do you have to go to a mac store or can it be in like a mac in a dillards? how much are they in the store?

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 i found it thanks wow she is awesome. what is live journal? do you have to go to a mac store or can it be in like a mac in a dillards? how much are they in the store? I think in the store they are about $18 (not positive) somewhere around there!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 i found it thanks wow she is awesome. what is live journal? do you have to go to a mac store or can it be in like a mac in a dillards? how much are they in the store? Livejournal.com is an online journal and if you can find the MAC community, you can join and people often sell their make up there. I have gotten samples from freestanding sotores and also in department stores. Usually you can get them for free and they are tiny samples though. if you buy them, you can usually get a 1/4 tsp for 4 bucks.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i have about 5 samples and i don't like them. i don't like loose anything! Jennifer you're not alone! I have a few pigment samples & i rarely use them because they're too messy & i always end up with more on my cheeks than on my eyes! I do use the sample Trish sent me though of Naked as that's a nude colour so i use it to highlight my browbone & i don't mind if some spills on my cheek coz then i blend it on to my cheekbones!

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 how do you get the mac pigment samples?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Welcome to MakeUpTalk Ally! I bought a few samples on eBay before from a lovely seller. Her eBay name is kanachan & she sells them seperately or you can buy a few together (which i did!) I just had a look at her auctions for now & there are none for a lot of 5/10 pigment samples but maybe if you send her a mail via eBay she might do it for you!
If you need help with anything on MakeUpTalk just PM me or another mod as Janelle already mentioned as we'll gladly help you out
biggrin.gif

You can never do wrong by buying MAC pigments. They are the most amazing versatile product ever made in my opinion. They are a little on the pricey side for me, but they are totally worth it. So far I only have Old Gold and Cornflower. I have the full sizes though, they are both amazing. You will have to post pics of your new pigments up.

Originally Posted by Laura Jennifer you're not alone! I have a few pigment samples & i rarely use them because they're too messy & i always end up with more on my cheeks than on my eyes! I do use the sample Trish sent me though of Naked as that's a nude colour so i use it to highlight my browbone & i don't mind if some spills on my cheek coz then i blend it on to my cheekbones! nude is the only one i use! i love it! i do the same with it as you do!

okay, okay, so i talked outta my booty...

these blended SO well and are really pigmented, so i think i wanna buy some more samples before i buy full sizes to make sure i actually use them. if i use them up, i'll definitely be buying some!

i took some pictures of my face with these pigments on. oh, my god, they are THE FUNNIEST. i don't know if i wanna show you all, though
icon_confused.gif

i love love love pigments! which ones do you guys have?

• would like:
  • chocolate brown
  • emerald green
  • naval blue
  • silver smog
  • already have:
  • acid orange
  • all girl (ltd. ed.)
  • blue (regular)
  • blue brown (pro)
  • bright coral (pro)
  • bright fuchsia (pro)
  • chartreuse (matte)
  • chartreuse (pro)
  • cornflower (regular)
  • deep blue green (pro)
  • deep purple (pro)
  • electric coral
  • fairylite (ltd. ed.)
  • forest green (pro)
  • frost
  • fuchsia
  • gold (metal)
  • golden lemon
  • golden olive (pro)
  • grape
  • green (regular)
  • green brown (pro)
  • kelly green
  • kitschmas (ltd. ed.)
  • maroon (regular)
  • old gold (pro)
  • pink bronze (pro)
  • pink opal
  • pink pearl (pro)
  • pink vivid (matte)
  • platinum (metal)
  • red (matte)
  • rose (pro)
  • rose gold (metal)
  • royal blue (matte)
  • steel blue
  • silver (metal)
  • teal
  • turquoise (matte)
  • vanilla
  • violet
  • white gold (pro)
if any of you want to swap samples for samples and have chocolate brown, emerald green, naval blue or silver smog, lmk. i have old gold available to trade.

You are my kind of girl!!! I have all of those that you've listed excepted royal blue. I just cant get enough of those piggies!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i love love love pigments! which ones do you guys have?

• would like:
  • emerald green
  • naval blue
  • silver smog
  • already have:
  • acid orange
  • all girl (ltd. ed.)
  • blue (regular)
  • blue brown (pro)
  • bright coral (pro)
  • bright fuchsia (pro)
  • chartreuse (matte)
  • chartreuse (pro)
  • cornflower (regular)
  • deep blue green (pro)
  • deep purple (pro)
  • electric coral
  • fairylite (ltd. ed.)
  • forest green (pro)
  • frost
  • fuchsia
  • gold (metal)
  • golden lemon
  • golden olive (pro)
  • grape
  • green (regular)
  • green brown (pro)
  • kelly green
  • kitschmas (ltd. ed.)
  • maroon (regular)
  • old gold (pro)
  • pink bronze (pro)
  • pink opal
  • pink pearl (pro)
  • pink vivid (matte)
  • platinum (metal)
  • red (matte)
  • rose (pro)
  • rose gold (metal)
  • royal blue (matte)
  • steel blue
  • silver (metal)
  • teal
  • turquoise (matte)
  • vanilla
  • violet
  • white gold (pro)
if any of you want to swap samples for samples and have emerald green, naval blue or silver smog, lmk. i have old gold available to trade.

biggrin.gif
can you tell i have an addiction? lol. if i had to grab a few things if there was a fire, my makeup would be one of them.

im not so keen on getting samples from ebay. the prices are exorbitant and sometimes you cant trust the seller to be honest. ive heard some horror stories.
frown.gif

how do you guys feel about matte pigments? there are a few that i just couldnt pass up, but in general i dont care for them. the texture is *too* matte, and i have to apply a ton of layers to get a smooth and even look.

You and me both.. There's gotta be a 12 step program for us, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have to admit I'd grab my mu in a fire too simply cuz the total cost of all of it would make it a very major loss and thinking of losing all of this stuff makes me sick to my stomach
icon_eek.gif

I've only bought samples off of ebay once and it was from a lady that I know from MUA so I felt safe doing that. For the most part though, I dont have that many samples. Most of mine are full jars.

and yes, the mattes SUCK!!

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse
biggrin.gif
can you tell i have an addiction? lol. if i had to grab a few things if there was a fire, my makeup would be one of them.
im not so keen on getting samples from ebay. the prices are exorbitant and sometimes you cant trust the seller to be honest. ive heard some horror stories.
frown.gif

how do you guys feel about matte pigments? there are a few that i just couldnt pass up, but in general i dont care for them. the texture is *too* matte, and i have to apply a ton of layers to get a smooth and even look.

ive thought about upgrading to full sized jars, but i think im good w/ the samples i have. most of mine are samples. there are some that i use pretty heavily, and im just not running out any time soon. maybe ill change my tune if i ever make it to a pro store.

You made a better choice by getting samples. Most people wont use a whole jar of pigment in a lifetime. The only reason I bought full jars is because the 1/4 tsp is too skimpy for me and also, I was getting great deals from the person that I was buying the pigments from. Eventually, I'll start swapping some of mine to cut down a bit.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse ive thought about upgrading to full sized jars, but i think im good w/ the samples i have. most of mine are samples. there are some that i use pretty heavily, and im just not running out any time soon. maybe ill change my tune if i ever make it to a pro store.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU You made a better choice by getting samples. Most people wont use a whole jar of pigment in a lifetime. The only reason I bought full jars is because the 1/4 tsp is too skimpy for me and also, I was getting great deals from the person that I was buying the pigments from. Eventually, I'll start swapping some of mine to cut down a bit.
smile.gif
yes, you should swap samples. lol. then again, if you dont need any in return, the value isnt that great. you could always ebay them.

No, I'd never swap them cuz you're right, the value wouldnt be much. I may do a few RAOKs or something and ebay the rest for sure!
icon_idea.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse yes, you should swap samples. lol. then again, if you dont need any in return, the value isnt that great. you could always ebay them.

turquoise is the absolute worst of all of them. i swear i used an entire 1/8 teaspoon just for one look. wetting and packing and wetting and packing. aaaaah. i paired it with chrome yellow and i thought it was really cute. my mom (and she never comments on my makeup) told me i looked nutty.

Latest posts

Back