Mac Pro Longwear Lipcolor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tru these lipsticks?I know now Mac has release a new one the Pro Longwear Lustre lipcolor.Are their texture slick or dry?Are they better than the classic lipsticks?

MAC stays true to their word: these lipcolors stay on for a really, really, really long time
icon_confused.gif
. Personally, I don't like them because it takes such a long time for them to wash off (I even tried scrubbing it off in the shower), and it made my lips really raw afterward. They're great if you don't like going into the washroom to re-apply every so often, because for the most part, the color stays put.

Colorwise, I like "Durashell" (pink with flecks of gold) and "Lasting Lust" (bright red).

icon_cheesygrin.gif

if you want to try them, try using a lip balm first so it doesn't dry your lips out too much

So it must be a very dry lipstick!Maybe I shouldn't try it because I have dry lips too!

i just bought my first pro longwear lip color in shade 'unchanging' after seeing it on one of the brides on their website and i have to admit i was really pleased with it, it lasts very long but as ikebana has said it can take a while to get off and can leave lips dry. i tried it on bare lips as the assistant at the counter said it lasts longer, but i found it drying my lips more, so she advised me to condition my lips the night before (exfoliated gently then applied lipbalm generously). the next day my lips were not so drying and didnt produce any flakiness. its fabulous & great to wear on special occassions, events etc but i could'nt wear it everyday, it costs tooooo much for that!!!

i just got fine and mellow in the mail today from a swap and now i'm scared to use it LOL

how can you get it off? i have a lip scrub, so maybe that?

My friend bought one of the new lustre ones... it's really pretty... forgot the name though- she got it off ok with some makeup remover.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 My friend bought one of the new lustre ones... it's really pretty... forgot the name though- she got it off ok with some makeup remover.
icon_wink.gif
oh, duh, that makes sense LOL thanks.

Originally Posted by Trisha I think an oil based MU remover works best Jennifer x thanks!
today, after i applied it, i found that an apple works best because it completely came off after i ate one
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I think an oil based MU remover works best Jennifer x MAC's Cleanse Off Oil removes Pro Longwear nicely. (I use that remover for my entire face actually)
Also, you really have to wait at LEAST 2 minutes before applying the gloss over the lip color. I personally prefer the texture of the new lustre longwears -- much more lightweight. If I want to wear a dark lip color, longwear is the best for me (because otherwise I'll be a mess in about an hour, haha!)

Latest posts

Back