Mac Products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I got some money for Christmas and i was thinking of buying some Mac for the first time. So excited! LOL! Anyway, what should i buy? eyeshadows, lipglasses,what? I don't even know where to start? Help! I really wanted a msf, but they were only out for a limited time. Is there anything similar to an msf? Has anyone tried anything similar? Any replies would really help!!!

some of their special brushes are good (187, etc). Shadows and pigments are great. I love their lipglasses, but I don't think it's worth the price since they end up rubbing off like everything else.

Pigments and eyeshadows! If you wanted to wait till around Jan 10th, new msfs are comming out. Or I'm sure their l/e beauty powders are still around..

Your icon is beautiful, makeupjunkie00! If you are not using MAC now, what brand of e/s did you use in your icon/avatar? It has wonderful pigmentation. Is it NYX, perhaps?

I must be far off. Reading your profile I'm guessing it would have to be a Milani or a Rimmel? I'm terrible at this guessing game, if you cannot tell.
laughing.gif

Hmm, in my opinion, I wouldn't purchase brushes or shadows. I feel that you can save a bunch of money getting some good quality craft store brushes, and I also believe that there are many brands out there that offer wonderful pigmentation in just as many shades as MAC, but for much less money. However, if you want to try a higher end pigment or e/s, then feel free.

I've heard nothing but good things about MACs MSF, so I would recommend waiting until the new release of the MSFs which is supposed to be sometime soon. I'm not sure of the exact date.

I think lipglosses are lipglosses, and that brands won't matter. You can get a matte lipstick for much less at the drugstore or Victoria's Secret for less, and glosses can be purchased from any company, IMO. However, it should be known that I tend to slack on my own lip application since I like to do more bold and vibrant e/s. Therefore, take my advice here with a grain of salt.

Their Shroom eye shadow and Teddy eye kohl are great products for any colouring. I love mine and almost need to get new ones
smile.gif
Their Gel Liners are excellent and last forever. Blushes, lipsticks, eye shadows, pigments, mascaras, eyeliners etc are all fantastic. Once you go there, you will come out with a new love
wink.gif

Thanks, Mandilly. I got my icon off this website, it's not me. I wish i could blend eyeshadow that good! LOL! But i do love milani, rimmel, and maybelline (my fav). I really want to try a MSF. They are sooo pretty! Anyone know how much the Mac palletes are?

Hmm, perhaps invest in a pigment.

I got helped today by one of the associates at MAC - and I asked her what would be a good highlighter on me. She picked out pink bronze because about 3 of them were wearing it on their cheeks. So pretty - on all 3 different skin tone colors.

Plus, you can wear it as an eyeshadow too. It was my first pigment purchase ever from them.

I have to second the brushes! Two of my absolute favorites are the 188 and the 219! As far as eyeshadows go, I love love love Woodwinked, Beauty Marked (as a liner), Parrot, and Amber Lights. Pigments are another great investment--literally. You get so much and a little goes a long way. Some cult favorites are Golden Olive and Vanilla. As far as MSFs go, if you wait till January, MAC is coming out with two new ones!

I think everyone should have blacktrack fluidline[gel eyeliner] nymphette lipglass and shroom eyeshadow.

i agree with everything these ladies say! there is alot of cute stuff in the Originals collection as well!

I would say begin with the brushes also (3rd the motion?).

And prolly get one of the MUAs to do a demo, and pick her brain. Last time I passed by MAC the one chic was really helpful with coloring and shading for me. It's weird, but they do give good recs imo.

Originally Posted by makeupjunkie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, Mandilly. I got my icon off this website, it's not me. I wish i could blend eyeshadow that good! LOL! But i do love milani, rimmel, and maybelline (my fav). I really want to try a MSF. They are sooo pretty! Anyone know how much the Mac palletes are? I think 12.50 for a 15 and 3 something for a 4

Latest posts

Back