MAC road trip report!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MEMO

TO: All MUT Members

RE: Road Trip to MAC PRO and MAC Freestanding NYC

RedRocks and I actually took a road trip into NYC this saturday (the hottest day too!) for the sole purpose of going to MAC Pro! Can you believe that?? Sad, i know.. Anyway,first we had subway issues. Couldnt get DOWN to the N train! Finally we found the entrace after multiple CLOSED ones, waited and waited.. it was so very hot. I said, this is a "spa treatment, make believe we are in a sauna! then we got on the train and froze in the AC.

Went MAC PRO first, you have to ring the buzzer! They didn't answer, so we went around the corner to MAC freestanding. It was NICE! The SA's were a little bit "sales-y".. pushing items.. But they had alot of stuff and the store was HUGE. Then we asked about PRO and they told us PRO should be open! So, we walked BACK to PRO and rang the buzzer, voila.. the door opened. It was SMALL! they didn't have nearly as much as the freestanding store! Amazing! I got Kitschmas and Old Gold pigment and a Diana brush (30$!!!). I still think that the freestanding was MUCH better.

We had a great -albeit super sweaty- day! Lots of fun!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Went MAC PRO first, you have to ring the buzzer! That sounds very exclusive. A bit like some kind of weird agency or something.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm still drinking water and trying to re-hydrate from our "subway spa treatment". Blech!

Both stores were two blocks away from each other. The Pro store was on 5th between 23rd and 22nd. The freestanding store was on 20th or 21st, half block from 5th.

I have to agree with Lauryn....while we had fun on our "bus trip" into NYC, I would not go back to the Pro store. If there was something I wanted, I would call the 800 number and order.

LOL! i had the same experience when i went to the pro store (not the bell part though). i thought it was going to be this HUGE store, but it was this small boutique-y look store.

yeah, we did have alot of fun..

Liz- yes, it was "boutique-y".. but SUPER plain. and there was ONE person there.. and she was stuffing MAC.COM bags with orders! I wouldn't go back there again. I expected to see more stuff.. i did see some empty containers and other crap like that, but the freestanding had the same.. oh, wait, they had the body paint and the freestand didn't.

I still haven't gone - but the girl at the MAC out here says it IS very small, and unless you know where you're going... you wouln't know it was MAC at all. It's supposedly up on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but there aren't any signs, just some makeup in the windows if you happen to catch a glimpse of it... ? There's a few things I want from the PRO store, but I usually find enough to play with at the freestanding ones
wink.gif

Glad you guys had a good time!! You shoud've come out to LI and hung out!!
smile.gif

Back