MAC rococo color story/playboy pink l/s

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
when i went to the mac counter on monday, the SA gave me a sneak preview of rococo. she swears up and down that courtly (lustre) LE l/s is a dead ringer for playboy pink. its "decorative high toned pink with silver overspray" and i must have it!

another thing to check out is the mineralized e/s. theyre about the same size as the d/c large e/s, and they have a domed shape. she said they are hand formed. she showed me all 5 colors (whim, aristocrat, tres teal, noble, little madame) and tres teal is beautiful. theyre 15 USD.

the mineralized face finish (18.50 USD) didnt much appeal to me, but im sure it will to most. they were very shimmery.

i dont know what the heck you would do with it, but imitation gold leaf metal will be available at counters. (15 USD.)

the collection comes out on 7/22.

A gilded flourish of shades, looks and finishes that echo the rompish, gilded, overly decorated spirit of the original French Rococo. Lips laud it up, shaded and lustred in a coterie of faux-naïve mauves, pinks and soft golds… eyes flash and beguile, masked in Fleur-De-Light and golden tones richly meddled with pearl. Face and skin glow “aristo†in a beautifully precocious strobe and tinted finish. To up the hauteur, decorate the skin with a perfect filigree of gold leaf. Haughty… but at heart, royally soft and beautiful. This is the art, soul and cheek of Rococo. Go for Baroque!

Mineralize Eye Shadow – NEW! ($15 USD/$18 CDN)

A pearled, sheer mineral eye shadow. Baked powder allows for exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Formula builds colour without heavy coverage. Super-fine pearl provides soft shimmer on skin. Provides dimension with an overly frosted look. Can be worn on face, eyes and body. Great for all skin types.

Whim – Purple-blue blend (LIMITED)

Aristocrat – Taupe high frosted mauve (LIMITED)

Tres Teal – True blue teal with yellow gene (LIMITED)

Noble – High frosted bronze gold (LIMITED)

Little Madame – Little pink fluffed with white (LIMITED)

Mineralize Facefinish – NEW! ($18.50 USD/$22 CDN)

An exceptionally luxurious, shimmering baked mineral powder

for face and body. The baked formula allows for exceptionally

sheer and light application and is for wet/dry use. It builds

colour and produces a shimmer effect without heavy coverage.

It has a super-fine pearl base, varied with larger pearl veins

and fine glitter particles that combine to add sensual shimmer

and subtle colour on the skin, giving dimension without an

overly frosted look.

Pleasureflush – Skin-pleasing flush of golden pink (LIMITED)

Shimpagne – Vintage gold gilded beige (LIMITED)

Gold Deposit – Soft reflective golden-bronze (LIMITED)

Strobe Cream Tint – NEW! ($14 USD/$17 CDN)

A sheer tinted complexion enhancing cream that creates an

optical effect on the skin and a luminous look.

Contains vitamins such as A and E and skin nutrients

that recharge and nourish the skin, while simultaneously

protecting it from environmental aggression. Leaves skin

feeling fresh and smooth.

Pulse Pink – Pink upped with gold and bronze (LIMITED)

Flash Gold – Highly decorated golden bronze (LIMITED)

Forged Bronze – Gorgeously faked copper-bronze (LIMITED)

Lipstick

Courtly – Decorative high-toned pink with silver overspray (Lustre / LIMITED)

Lovedust – Gilded gold yellow beige (Matte / LIMITED)

Pompadorable – muted lavender with pink-silver overspray (Lustre / LIMITED)

Rococo – Rococo orangey-peach with gold-bronze (Lustre / LIMITED)

Lipglass

So Baroque – Baroquely orange bronze fusion (Frost / LIMITED)

Fleur De Light – Light frenched-up pink (Frost / LIMITED)

Cavalier – Beguilingly dirty mauve (Frost / LIMITED)

Lip Pencil

Plum – Muted brown plum (EXISTING)

Oak – Noble soft beige-brown (EXISTING)

Fibre Rich Lash

All Black – Deeply beguiling black (EXISTING)

Leaf Metal ($15 USD/$18.50 CDN)

Imitation Gold

Brushes

192 Face/Cheek Brush (EXISTING) – Soft, firm, flat pladdle-shaped synthetic fibre brush to apply emollient-based face products

252 Large Shader Brush (EXISTING) – Soft, firm, square-shaped with slightly rounded edges. Goat brush used to apply eye powder, ideal for use with Gold Leaf.

187 Stippling Brush (NEW!) – An unusual combination of shorter, ultra soft nautral bristles forming a support structure for longer, feather-soft fibre optic bristles. Produces an amazingly light and airy application of powders to the face and body. Gives an especially beautiful application of new Mineralize Facefinish. ($40USD / $48 CDN)

Originally Posted by haloinrverse when i went to the mac counter on monday, the SA gave me a sneak preview of rococo. she swears up and down that courtly (lustre) LE l/s is a dead ringer for playboy pink. its "decorative high toned pink with silver overspray" and i must have it!
another thing to check out is the mineralized e/s. theyre about the same size as the d/c large e/s, and they have a domed shape. she said they are hand formed. she showed me all 5 colors (whim, aristocrat, tres teal, noble, little madame) and tres teal is beautiful. theyre 15 USD.

the mineralized face finish (18.50 USD) didnt much appeal to me, but im sure it will to most. they were very shimmery.

i dont know what the heck you would do with it, but imitation gold leaf metal will be available at counters. (15 USD.)

the collection comes out on 7/22.

A gilded flourish of shades, looks and finishes that echo the rompish, gilded, overly decorated spirit of the original French Rococo. Lips laud it up, shaded and lustred in a coterie of faux-naïve mauves, pinks and soft golds… eyes flash and beguile, masked in Fleur-De-Light and golden tones richly meddled with pearl. Face and skin glow “aristo†in a beautifully precocious strobe and tinted finish. To up the hauteur, decorate the skin with a perfect filigree of gold leaf. Haughty… but at heart, royally soft and beautiful. This is the art, soul and cheek of Rococo. Go for Baroque!

Mineralize Eye Shadow – NEW! ($15 USD/$18 CDN)

A pearled, sheer mineral eye shadow. Baked powder allows for exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Formula builds colour without heavy coverage. Super-fine pearl provides soft shimmer on skin. Provides dimension with an overly frosted look. Can be worn on face, eyes and body. Great for all skin types.

Whim – Purple-blue blend (LIMITED)

Aristocrat – Taupe high frosted mauve (LIMITED)

Tres Teal – True blue teal with yellow gene (LIMITED)

Noble – High frosted bronze gold (LIMITED)

Little Madame – Little pink fluffed with white (LIMITED)

Mineralize Facefinish – NEW! ($18.50 USD/$22 CDN)

An exceptionally luxurious, shimmering baked mineral powder

for face and body. The baked formula allows for exceptionally

sheer and light application and is for wet/dry use. It builds

colour and produces a shimmer effect without heavy coverage.

It has a super-fine pearl base, varied with larger pearl veins

and fine glitter particles that combine to add sensual shimmer

and subtle colour on the skin, giving dimension without an

overly frosted look.

Pleasureflush – Skin-pleasing flush of golden pink (LIMITED)

Shimpagne – Vintage gold gilded beige (LIMITED)

Gold Deposit – Soft reflective golden-bronze (LIMITED)

Strobe Cream Tint – NEW! ($14 USD/$17 CDN)

A sheer tinted complexion enhancing cream that creates an

optical effect on the skin and a luminous look.

Contains vitamins such as A and E and skin nutrients

that recharge and nourish the skin, while simultaneously

protecting it from environmental aggression. Leaves skin

feeling fresh and smooth.

Pulse Pink – Pink upped with gold and bronze (LIMITED)

Flash Gold – Highly decorated golden bronze (LIMITED)

Forged Bronze – Gorgeously faked copper-bronze (LIMITED)

Lipstick

Courtly – Decorative high-toned pink with silver overspray (Lustre / LIMITED)

Lovedust – Gilded gold yellow beige (Matte / LIMITED)

Pompadorable – muted lavender with pink-silver overspray (Lustre / LIMITED)

Rococo – Rococo orangey-peach with gold-bronze (Lustre / LIMITED)

Lipglass

So Baroque – Baroquely orange bronze fusion (Frost / LIMITED)

Fleur De Light – Light frenched-up pink (Frost / LIMITED)

Cavalier – Beguilingly dirty mauve (Frost / LIMITED)

Lip Pencil

Plum – Muted brown plum (EXISTING)

Oak – Noble soft beige-brown (EXISTING)

Fibre Rich Lash

All Black – Deeply beguiling black (EXISTING)

Leaf Metal ($15 USD/$18.50 CDN)

Imitation Gold

Brushes

192 Face/Cheek Brush (EXISTING) – Soft, firm, flat pladdle-shaped synthetic fibre brush to apply emollient-based face products

252 Large Shader Brush (EXISTING) – Soft, firm, square-shaped with slightly rounded edges. Goat brush used to apply eye powder, ideal for use with Gold Leaf.

187 Stippling Brush (NEW!) – An unusual combination of shorter, ultra soft nautral bristles forming a support structure for longer, feather-soft fibre optic bristles. Produces an amazingly light and airy application of powders to the face and body. Gives an especially beautiful application of new Mineralize Facefinish. ($40USD / $48 CDN)

Good grief!! I can't keep up anymore..I haven't even gotten the all the Tantress shadows yet and now a new line..My head is spinning

Thanks for the detailed post! I can't believe how many new colors MAC comes out with all the time. I'm lost already.

Yeah I hope Halo's post goes out in the newsletter. This is really informative. Look at all the things we can't have! Hahhaha.
wink.gif

127banner8.jpg

COOL Post.. Stupid MAC, do they think we're all LOADED with cash or what?? Cant handle all these new collections!

lol! you guys, i feel the same way. i can keep up, i just cant afford everything i want. i made plans with a girlfriend to hit the mac counter at precisely 730 on wednesday. (added: doh! i calculated the date wrong. it doesnt come out until thurdsay.)

californian - thanks for the suggestion! ill add it to my newsletter post. good idea.
smile.gif

I'm not usually a fan of MAC, but on Friday I picked up the Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne. It's really pretty! Shimpagne is a light, champagne-colored dome of shimmer that can go on as a very soft glow up to almost metallic if applied damp. It's also durable once on. The amount of product you get is very generous: 10g/.35oz for $21.50. As a comparison, Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick is 10.3g/.4oz for $35.00.

I wore Shimpagne today on my cheeks, paired with Nars Zen. Love it!
wink.gif

i went to my mac counter asap after work on the 22nd, and they were sold out of the #1 thing i wanted: tres teal e/s. the SA said they only got 3 in. 3! can you believe it??? i wanted to have a fit. lol. she says shell call me when they get more in, but from what i know, they only get one shipment of LE color story stuff, and if you dont get it then, youre SOL. isnt that always the way?

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i went to my mac counter asap after work on the 22nd, and they were sold out of the #1 thing i wanted: tres teal e/s. the SA said they only got 3 in. 3! can you believe it??? i wanted to have a fit. lol. she says shell call me when they get more in, but from what i know, they only get one shipment of LE color story stuff, and if you dont get it then, youre SOL. isnt that always the way? I bet you all the employees got first dibs! LOL. THEY have the tres teal!
202banner8.jpg

no kidding! i ask why they only got 3 in, and she gave me some half assed answer about how theyre hand formed, so they didnt get many. i know damn good and well that major cities got more than 3 per store. yet another one of the many insignificant reasons why i hate living in indiana. on top of that, the SA was on break and there was no one to cover the counter. we had to wait for at least 10 min for her to come back, and a line was forming, and people were getting seriously impatient. THEN i asked for a specific blush, and she told me that they dont make that color, and never have. i plucked it from the display to show her that it does, in fact exist. i haaaaaate that SA. the rest are great, but she stinks. shes the same one who looked at me like i was insane when i asked what glitters they had at the counter. she didnt know what i was talking about because theyre "glitter brilliants," not glitters. arrrrrrgh, she gets me all worked up. the week before, i asked her about the LE nordstrom exclusive lip palettes, and mentioned that NY apple was one of the colors, and that id like to see NY apple. she didnt know what i was talking about. now, im not getting all uppity, but i makes me sad that i sometimes know more than the SA. i would love to have her job. i dont know why theyre there at all if they dont live and breathe makeup. ill stop ranting now!

Latest posts

Back