MAC Sol similiar to Brew????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I might be way off the mark here but is MAC's Sol Lipstick from Belle Azure anyway like MAC's Brew from the High Tea collection? I've seen swatches & some pics but i havent seen it in person myself.

My sis is going to Brown Thomas tomorrow so she'll be passing MAC. I was gonna get her to pick this up for me coz i've a few B2M's at home. Yay or Nay?

Keep in mind, i LOVE MAC Brew and anything that slightly resembles it!!

I love Sol, but didn't buy Brew. However, IIRC, they're not similar at all. Sol is a bronzey orange, but very wearable IMO. I've also heard very good reviews on Sol, so it's a yay!

Originally Posted by Laura I might be way off the mark here but is MAC's Sol Lipstick from Belle Azure anyway like MAC's Brew from the High Tea collection? I've seen swatches & some pics but i havent seen it in person myself.
My sis is going to Brown Thomas tomorrow so she'll be passing MAC. I was gonna get her to pick this up for me coz i've a few B2M's at home. Yay or Nay?

Keep in mind, i LOVE MAC Brew and anything that slightly resembles it!!

sol is definitely a bronze color. i didn't like it. i ended up getting expensivo, but it's more of like a frosty color. so not a nude thing going on with either one.

I got expensivo too. At first, I thought I like expensivo better and didn't like Sol much. But then I started wearing Sol a lot and realized that it was actually a very nice color. I love expensivo too but I already have ones like it, such as Oh Sheer Up and Rags to Riches

Originally Posted by Liz sol is definitely a bronze color. i didn't like it. i ended up getting expensivo, but it's more of like a frosty color. so not a nude thing going on with either one.

cool, thanks for clearing that up for me girls. Will tick Sol off my list so coz i'm so not a bronze lip girl!

Actually Liz you're a Brew lover, arent u? Any suggestions for other MAC lipsticks similiar to it?

Originally Posted by Laura Actually Liz you're a Brew lover, arent u? Any suggestions for other MAC lipsticks similiar to it? i've never tried brew, but i want to. so i'm not sure what the color really looks like, just from what you guys have said about it.
have you checked out high tea or midimauve as a nude color.

I personally love high tea as a nude color.

Originally Posted by Liz i've never tried brew, but i want to. so i'm not sure what the color really looks like, just from what you guys have said about it.
have you checked out high tea or midimauve as a nude color.

I love High Tea. I got it on my last MAC haul and its an awesome nude color.

Originally Posted by Trisha Laura you'd love High Tea or Flutterby if you could still get it!
Midimauve is not a nude,its a YLBB muave/pink xx

oops. my bad. midimauve is a mauve/pink color. duh, the name. lol. i was thinking of it as like a light lip color compared to other mac lippies that are bright or too pink.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Actually Liz you're a Brew lover, arent u? Any suggestions for other MAC lipsticks similiar to it? i'm the brew lover! got 3
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've never come across a lipstick like it - ever!

high tea, flutterby, etc. are nothing like it.

brew is a light beige. if you put it on, it'll cover your lips completely, but then it doesn't. it lets a little of your natural color show so you don't look washed out and gives it a little pink hue to it. that made no sense, but you know what i mean LOL

Originally Posted by Trisha Thats what Brew, High Tea & Flutterby do to my lips so thats why i said they were similar on me.
It really depends on the level of pigment in a persons lips, mine are very pink naturally xx

really? that's so weird. so are mine and high and flutterby were not like that on me at all! laura, you should try those if you haven't!

Latest posts

Back