MAC studio fix liquid foundation..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh, how nice
biggrin.gif

I find that the SFF runs dark. I got a sample of NW15 and it is too dark so I just switched to mineral foundation and now i am on the Dior bandwagon.

I used to be in love with it, but then after trying select spf i found studio fix too dark and cakey, im nw 15 which is too dark for me anyway but i have to make do
frown.gif

Ya it is kinda cakey and dark..I hope the new one I get is better..if not then oh well, atleast it was free right?
smile.gif

That does look nice! I have problem with looking kinda shiney after using this foundation so if I found a good powder im pretty sure id be all set. I may look into getting that powder, I like it
biggrin.gif

It doesn't make me break out too much but does make my skin dry out a bit. I only use it for photoshoots because it has nice coverage and looks good in photos.

However, in real life the NC15 looks very yellow on me, and NW15 looks pinky orange on me!

If the colour is a good match, or you have the patience to mix it then its a good product for occassional use. Some people use it as their every day foundation but I found it just too paint like on my skin!

xxx

I find that the SFF doesn't look cakey when I spray some toner in it before applying it, if that helps at all.

Thanks for all the tips guys, its really useful seeing as though I always have to order stuff online so I cant see what it all really looks like in rl. It sucks but I am just so sick of drugstore foundations that do jack **** for me haha.

Originally Posted by ShesAutomatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay update:
I emailed MAC about a week about about the incidint and I recieved an email today from them and they are sending me a new one that is a lighter shade for free.

So thankyou so much for helping me Sarah84!

No probs, hope the lighter shade works better for you

I keep reading about people having trouble with breakouts using this foundation, but I used to have horrible acne, and one of the main reasons I started wearing makeup a year ago was to cover up my bad skin. I've worn Studio Fix Fluid almost every day for a year, and my acne is almost completely gone. I get a few breakouts on my chin here and there, but nothing like it was.

Am I the only person who thinks this stuff is WAY too thick like to the point where it is disguisting! I tried it on at Macys and like that it matched my skin but when my sis bought it for me for xmas, ewww how sick it was SO thick and took forever to apply!!! How do ppl wear this stuff??

I love this foundation. It works great as an under eye concealer too. I apply it to my face, then add an extra swipe of it under each eye, let it sit for like 2 minutes, then rub it in and dark circles are gone. It works better then any other under eye concealer (at least for me).

However, I haven't been using it too much lately because I have been experimenting with MMU... but still, I do continue to use it under my eyes because MMU concelear is crap.

It's too cool that they are sending you another one for free! MAC has great customer service IMO.

Wahoo it came today!

I was worrying because after I recieved the e-mail from MAC saying they would send a NC 25, I realized that may still be too dark for me and I wrote them back explaining maybe I would need a NC 20 instead but I never got a reply so I figured i'd probably get the NC 25.

Well, I got it and its NC 20! I'm very happy, its the perfect shade now!
smile.gif

both of my friends use it but one got really bad spots and for the looks of it many people do try the other foundations without oil in them

Back