MAC studio fix liquid foundation..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is it any good? my sister told me today that she ordered me some when she ordered some stuff on the MAC website. I felt bad because it was $30.00 for it and I don't even know if it works that well..

What are your opinions on it?

It has really good coverage but for some people it causes breakouts.I used it I dont break out at all works really well for me.

It has really good coverage and seems to look good in pictures. It destroyed my skin, though. If you can get a good color match and it doesn't break you out, then it's definitely worth the cost!
smile.gif

With it, make sure you clean it all off... I don't think breakage comes from the product itself - I mean, it's about application, removal of it...

Other than that, I'd suggest getting you a color match up at the store by a sales associate. Cuz more than likely if you do it online, there's a high chance it might not be your best match. Or the right type of coverage for you.

I took my sister thinking she'd be in the NC shades but was a NW and they gave her powder foundation instead of liquid... she has loads of skin issues and they were nearly all covered up.

So you never know...

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif With it, make sure you clean it all off... I don't think breakage comes from the product itself - I mean, it's about application, removal of it...
Other than that, I'd suggest getting you a color match up at the store by a sales associate. Cuz more than likely if you do it online, there's a high chance it might not be your best match. Or the right type of coverage for you.

I took my sister thinking she'd be in the NC shades but was a NW and they gave her powder foundation instead of liquid... she has loads of skin issues and they were nearly all covered up.

So you never know...

It could definitely be a matter of cleaning it all off for some ladies. But, in my case, I had a severe sensitivity/reaction within a couple hours of putting the foundation on. I started getting really REALLY itchy and 2-3 monster zits popped up. It took FOREVER for my skin to heal after that, too. I believe it was a sensitivity to the Algae Extract in the SFF (Algae Extract is a known skin irritant, and I have no idea why on earth they would decide to put it in there!).
The Studio Fix powder does not contain Algae Extract and I use that without any problems.
smile.gif

omg this foundation completely DESTROYED my skin..i had to set up an appt with my doctor.. i tried this before but my skin was bad then already so i tried it again and i got all these small bumps..soooo bad..i really wanted it to work..back to my Bare minerals.. :-(

I love this foundation. I use it everyday and havent had any problems with it breaking me out. IMO gives great coverage and a little goes along way as it tends to look really heavy and cakey easily (on me anyway)

I use this foundation all the time with no problems. But when I used it on my friends daughter and she had a mild breakout. So it really depends on your skin.

i liked it when first applied, but i stopped using it cuz it wasn't all that.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It could definitely be a matter of cleaning it all off for some ladies. But, in my case, I had a severe sensitivity/reaction within a couple hours of putting the foundation on. I started getting really REALLY itchy and 2-3 monster zits popped up. It took FOREVER for my skin to heal after that, too. I believe it was a sensitivity to the Algae Extract in the SFF (Algae Extract is a known skin irritant, and I have no idea why on earth they would decide to put it in there!).
The Studio Fix powder does not contain Algae Extract and I use that without any problems.
smile.gif

Algae extract controls oiliness a little bit so that could be why.
Anyway when I first used it, I broke out but now my skin stays clear when I use it. It has really good coverage and if you like the matte look then this might be for you. It has the tendency to oxidize a bit though.

I wanted it so bad, I got it for xmas and exchanged it the next day because it was SO THICK it took sooo long to just put the damn thing on my face with a brush. Also, i haatteee foundation that you have to pour out of the bottle because it takes longer to get them out, i prefer a pump or something that squeezes out.

Okay so mixed reactions on it..haha

Well I just got it now (pretty quick she only ordered it 2 days ago) and I havent had a shower yet so im gonna do that now so I can use it. I hope to god it doesn't make me breakout..I'm a little scared now haha!

But thankyou for all the feedback, i'll be sure to tell you all how it goes.

ps: I also got woodwinked eye shadow so i'll tell you how that looks aswell
smile.gif

Okay:

I've had my shower and just tried out my new stuff. I think the foundation works reallyyy well but it is a little too dark so maybe I should have gone to the actual store to get the right shade..only problem is the closest mac is 2 hours away..but its okay, if I put my other foundation which is actually a little too light over top, it seems to be the right shade.

& for the eyeshadow, I REALLY like it. I've been reading alot of reviews where people say it may not look good on fair skin tones but I think it looks great as long as I don't load it all on or anything like that. So im pretty happy with what I got, they were my first MAC purchases.
smile.gif
even though I didn't buy them ahha..but still
smile.gif
thankyou for all the help!

Originally Posted by ShesAutomatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay so mixed reactions on it..haha
Well I just got it now (pretty quick she only ordered it 2 days ago) and I havent had a shower yet so im gonna do that now so I can use it. I hope to god it doesn't make me breakout..I'm a little scared now haha!

But thankyou for all the feedback, i'll be sure to tell you all how it goes.

ps: I also got woodwinked eye shadow so i'll tell you how that looks aswell
smile.gif

Okay:

I've had my shower and just tried out my new stuff. I think the foundation works reallyyy well but it is a little too dark so maybe I should have gone to the actual store to get the right shade..only problem is the closest mac is 2 hours away..but its okay, if I put my other foundation which is actually a little too light over top, it seems to be the right shade.

& for the eyeshadow, I REALLY like it. I've been reading alot of reviews where people say it may not look good on fair skin tones but I think it looks great as long as I don't load it all on or anything like that. So im pretty happy with what I got, they were my first MAC purchases.
smile.gif
even though I didn't buy them ahha..but still
smile.gif
thankyou for all the help!

Glad you liked your first mac goodies esp woodwinked as its such a gorgeous shadow
smile.gif

You could always try emailing me mac asking if they could replace the foundation for a lighter shade, i brought a shade to light before and they sent out the darker shade for me free of charge and didnt even ask me to send back the one that was too light. Glad the foundation worked for you anyway and hope you dont get any break outs like some of the ladies here have had from it.

yep just explaining that the shade was too light and could i please exchange it for the darker shade and they emailed back asking for my address and that they would send a new one out right away. So its worth a try and if you just add in that you are more than 2 hours away from a store im sure they will do it

Okay update:

I emailed MAC about a week about about the incidint and I recieved an email today from them and they are sending me a new one that is a lighter shade for free.

So thankyou so much for helping me Sarah84!

That's great of them to send you another one for free, I hope it works for you.

Latest posts

Back