MAC? What the heck are these?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am NOT a huge Mac person (not that I hate Mac I just tend to float all over) so I am not always up to everything MAC has to offer.

I mentioned before that my sister bought a storage unit and inside was a huge MUA kit. I would ay 99% of the items are authentic but I have found a couple questionable....

There are SEVERAL of these "Mac Pot Rouge for lip and cheeks" I have owned the same sort of items from Bobby Brown  but I have never seen MAC.

I gotta admit, I have fallen in love with 2 of them and I am definitely keeping them but I wanted to sell/trade some of these and I'm not sure if they are real.  Did Mac make these too?  The product is awesome and theyre very neutral colors and I love the nude shimmer that it gives my lips but I'm just lost on the product itself.

I'm on the line with calling it fake Mac BUT it's still an awesome product.  What can I do with them? I don't want to misadvertise if I post them on Craigslist beause I am not the type to totally mislead and upset people. But I definitely dont need a bunch of these babies laying around my makeup room.

Has anyone heard of these by MAC?

Sorry for the babble.. it's been a rough day!

The color is way off I'm using my phone but this is what they look like. there are a couple colors all versions of nude or with a slight pink tint.

I posted a pic, it says since I am newer here it has to be approved by a moderator.. it should appear soon I think :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The packaging looks fake to me
I agree. The only product with that name I could find was in the pots similar to paint pots, but bigger. No writing on the lid.

thats exactly what I thought. No big deal to me Im still going to use them they make my face glow!

Originally Posted by Conceited /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The color is way off I'm using my phone but this is what they look like. there are a couple colors all versions of nude or with a slight pink tint.

As others have said, it's counterfeit.

The other items I had verified tonight by a friend who is a huge mac fan... these were the only thing in a box in the back of the container... they struck me is as odd right away.  I'll keep 'em they give my skin an awesome glow so it doesn't bother me that they arent real.

Originally Posted by Conceited /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The other items I had verified tonight by a friend who is a huge mac fan... these were the only thing in a box in the back of the container... they struck me is as odd right away.  I'll keep 'em they give my skin an awesome glow so it doesn't bother me that they arent real.
I know you're gonna do what you're gonna do, but seriously rethink putting that on your face.

The problem with counterfeits is you don't know what's really in it. Some contain lead and even fecal matter in it.

Back