Mac's Best Products!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe you will find this thread helpful:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=8033

smile.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
I see that the most of you girls love the fluidlines! Are they worth trying? I have never used eyeliner like this before only eye pencils!What are your favourite colors of fluidlines?I have brown eyes,what fluidlines should I buy? Oh what brush do you use to apply them?

I went to a MAC counter today and I tried a few eyeshadows: Arena,Naked Lunch,Jest and Honey Lust.Arena was a little orange on my lids,Jest was good but only for a highlighter color,the same with Jest was Naked Lunch only a little more peachy and Honey Lust is too ordinary!!I don't know,I'm too stuck with Stila's eyeshadows!!I want to buy Jezebel or Barefoot! MAC or Stila???? I don't know what to do!!!
icon_wink.gif
icon_question.gif

have you tried the shadesticks?? They can be worn alone or used under e/s to help the color stand out... I love em!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 have you tried the shadesticks?? They can be worn alone or used under e/s to help the color stand out... I love em!
smile.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the advice but I don't use cream eyeshadows because I have oily lids and after a while they dissapear!!

Originally Posted by Trisha You should get Jezebel & Barefoot, 2 of my faves!! x :icon_loveTHANKS Trisha I will the next time I'll go to a Stila counter and I"ll get Brown Smudgepot to match them!!But I think I'm going to have a non buy period for a while!!But I will get them!! What other Stila's eyeshadows you think are must haves???

This thread is great, because I just found out that there's 1 store (yeah,only one!!!) in Belgium that sells Mac. So I was also wondering what the must-have Mac-products are.

The only Mac-products I have are shimmermoss en leisuretime, are there any products in particular that would go well with these? Or any other essential Mac-products, you guys are the experts,right?
smile.gif

just make sure I can afford it ,not 20 things at once
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha My must haves are

• KITTEN
  • SUN
  • STARLIGHT
  • MOONLIGHT
  • JEZEBEL
  • TWIG
  • BAREFOOT CONTESSA
  • RAY
  • OASIS
  • ICON
  • EBONY
  • ESPRESSO
  • VIOLA
  • GRACE
  • MYSTIC (pro)
  • DIAMOND LIL
  • GOLIGHTLY
  • BOQUET
  • DUNE
  • PUPPY
  • CHINOIS
  • JADE
  • CASSIS
  • AZUR
Long list i know VERY FAVES ARE IN BOLDx
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Trisha!! I think I have many e/s to buy in the future!!!

Originally Posted by Eva121 This thread is great, because I just found out that there's 1 store (yeah,only one!!!) in Belgium that sells Mac. So I was also wondering what the must-have Mac-products are. The only Mac-products I have are shimmermoss en leisuretime, are there any products in particular that would go well with these? Or any other essential Mac-products, you guys are the experts,right?
smile.gif

just make sure I can afford it ,not 20 things at once
smile.gif

What other make up products do you own? Are you looking more for eye shadows, blushes, lippies, etc?
Here are some of my fave:

Soft Brown e/s - goes great with Leisuretime

Bagatelle e/s

Viva Glam V lipstick

Freckletone lippie

Fluidlines - awesome gel eye liners

Love Nectar lustreglass

Sinnamon lustreglass

Shimpagne & Stereo Rose mineral skinfinishes

HTH!

Great thread for us MAC virgins (or near-virgins)! It's important to know the must-haves if you're brand new to a brand. Thanks everyone for sharing your expertise!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol What other make up products do you own? Are you looking more for eye shadows, blushes, lippies, etc?
I'm not really looking for anything in particular, I have a lot of e/s in a lot of different colors , so the basics are taken care of
smile.gif
I'll definitely have a look at the fluidlines.

Now about the l/g, I'm not sure about the different kinds, lipgelée is more sheer,but really shiny? lipglass seems more colored and then lustreglass... I have no idea which kind of l/g I'd like, but I guess I can see that in the store.

Thx for the advice!

To me, lip gelees are more sheer and not sticky at all. Color doesn't last too much but they make my lips look shiny. I have Moistly and I really like it. Lipsglasses are a bit more sticky, have more color and definitely last longer. I don't enjoy those too much because of their stickyness. Lustreglasses are great! Not too sticky, lots of color and stay on. The lipsticks are great too. I like the lustre finishes.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Are the bronzers any good? i haven't tried the bronzers, but refined gold (or is it refined bronze? lol) is the popular one

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Are the bronzers any good? I have the Irridescent Loose powder in Golden Bronze. It's great mixed in with my moisturizer for an all over glow or more flashy if directly applied with a brush for going out.
Gold Deposit Mineralize skin finish is also a gorgeous bronzer on me, and the darker shade would also be very pretty.

I have not been disappointed in the line at all! I have multiple eyeshadows by now, fluidlines, lip pencil, lipsticks of all varieties, lipglasses and lusterglasses (stickiness is there, but doesn't bother me), mineral skinfinishes, brushes, full coverage foundation, studio finish concealer, pigments, and as of today...my first powerpoint eye pencil! I have become a MAC junkie myself. I do also buy other brands........ but overall i can be happy with most anything in their line.

Originally Posted by Sophia
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I see that the most of you girls love the fluidlines! Are they worth trying? I have never used eyeliner like this before only eye pencils!What are your favourite colors of fluidlines?I have brown eyes,what fluidlines should I buy? Oh what brush do you use to apply them? another fluidline fanantic here! i just recently started using it, and will never use another eyeliner. it's the ONLY thing i've found that actually stays on the inner rim of my eyes without bleeding. blacktrack is black, and i think it's always good to have a good black liner, but i also think macroviolet or shade would look really pretty with your brown eyes.

with the fluidline, i prefer to use the smallest brush possible when lining my inner rims, so i dampen brush #209, but for lining my eyelids, i absolutely love brush #266.

also, brush #217 is my favorite eyeshadow brush. it deposits the perfect amount of shadow on the eyelids.

another fluidline fanantic here! i just recently started using it, and will never use another eyeliner. it's the ONLY thing i've found that actually stays on the inner rim of my eyes without bleeding. blacktrack is black, and i think it's always good to have a good black liner, but i also think macroviolet or shade would look really pretty with your brown eyes.

with the fluidline, i prefer to use the smallest brush possible when lining my inner rims, so i dampen brush #209, but for lining my eyelids, i absolutely love brush #266.

also, brush #217 is my favorite eyeshadow brush. it deposits the perfect amount of shadow on the eyelids.[/QUOT

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Kimes!!!Maybe I will try shade,it's a green eyeliner,isn't it??

Originally Posted by Sophia
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Kimes!!!Maybe I will try shade,it's a green eyeliner,isn't it?? yep, it's like a forest green. its a really pretty color.

I recommend the Tinted Lip Conditioners! They are my favorite thing from MAC.

Latest posts

Back