Mac's Best Products!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't usually use Mac's cosmetics,I've tried their lipglasses in Dreamy,Lust and Prrr but they are way too sticky and I don't use them anymore!Also I tried Studio Fix and I had a terrible brake down!I used to wear Sheertone Blush and I liked it,the only Mac products I use now is an eyeshadow,a powerpoint pencilin Forever Green and the concealer! I'm very prejudiced with Mac's products,is there a Mac product that will change my mind? I really want to try more Mac's products but I'm afraid to buy them!!
icon_neutral.gif

icon_surprised.gif
Oh also I have Lustre lipstick in Syrop,great texture but this is too mauvish for me,and I don't usually wear lipsticks,I wear this only in winter!

Originally Posted by Sophia I don't usually use Mac's cosmetics,I've tried their lipglasses in Dreamy,Lust and Prrr but they are way too sticky and I don't use them anymore!Also I tried Studio Fix and I had a terrible brake down!I used to wear Sheertone Blush and I liked it,the only Mac products I use now is an eyeshadow,a powerpoint pencilin Forever Green and the concealer! I'm very prejudiced with Mac's products,is there a Mac product that will change my mind? I really want to try more Mac's products but I'm afraid to buy them!!
icon_neutral.gif
Try a Lustreglass (you'd probably like colors like Love Nectar, Flusterose, Wonderstruck) or Lip Gelee. Lip gelees aren't sticky at ALL! -- which is why I love 'em so much.
smile.gif

I'm also currently in LOVE with the Mineralized Skinfinishes, especially Gold Deposit. :icon_love:icon_love

hi there!

i love their blushes (powders) and pigments and cant think of using any others again, try them, i also love their liquid eyeliner and mascaras

once you go MAC you cant go back!

Definitely try;

veluxe pearl eyeshadows

fluidlines

paints

lustreglasses (much less sticky than lipglass)

lustre lipsticks

mineralize skinfinish (these are LE but so pretty)

I don,t use eyeliners I prefer pencils,because they are easy to apply them!Are Fluidlines easy to apply?Wich are the best colors?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Try a Lustreglass (you'd probably like colors like Love Nectar, Flusterose, Wonderstruck) or Lip Gelee. Lip gelees aren't sticky at ALL! -- which is why I love 'em so much.
smile.gif

I'm also currently in LOVE with the Mineralized Skinfinishes, especially Gold Deposit. :icon_love:icon_love

Mineralizes Skinfinishes are highlighters for the face?How do you use them?

I'd suggest checking out...

e/s - I love all the ones I have, but the Veluxe Pearl formula is particularly nice
smile.gif

lustreglass

sheertone shimmer blushes

Powerpoint e/l

Fluidlines

Mineralize Skin Finish

-veluxe pearl eye shadows

-the blushes

-lustreglass'

-lipgelles

-brushes

-skin finishes (so pretty!)

Originally Posted by Liz -veluxe pearl eye shadows-the blushes

-lustreglass'

-lipgelles

-brushes

-skin finishes (so pretty!)

Veluxe pearl eyeshadows are matte?

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme The Veluxe e/s are matte, but the Veluxe Pearl e/s are shimmery.
smile.gif
Thanks FeistyFemme!You also like Mineralized Skinfinishes!How do you apply them and what brush do you use?

I have Shimpagne and Stereo Rose - Shimpagne for me is more of a highlighter color, so I use that to highlight my face. It also is really pretty as an eyeshadow!! Stereo Rose is best used as a blush on me. I don't have any MAC face brushes, but I do use my Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush to apply.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia I don,t use eyeliners I prefer pencils,because they are easy to apply them!Are Fluidlines easy to apply?Wich are the best colors? Before discovering fluidlines, I was hopeless at lining my eyes---always looked awful or if I got it right, it smudged or moved before 1-2 hours had past. The fluidliners even I (who have 2 left hands when it comes to makeup) can get them on well and when they are on, they do not move. You do need a brush to apply them (I like the 209 MAC brush but a fine tipped art brush is fine and cheaper).
My favorite colors are Blactrack, Sweet Sage, and Dipdown.

still life paint is good place to start Originally Posted by Sophia I don't usually use Mac's cosmetics,I've tried their lipglasses in Dreamy,Lust and Prrr but they are way too sticky and I don't use them anymore!Also I tried Studio Fix and I had a terrible brake down!I used to wear Sheertone Blush and I liked it,the only Mac products I use now is an eyeshadow,a powerpoint pencilin Forever Green and the concealer! I'm very prejudiced with Mac's products,is there a Mac product that will change my mind? I really want to try more Mac's products but I'm afraid to buy them!!
icon_neutral.gif

A lot of people seem to use Still Life Paint by MAC, but do you all use it just as a base for eye makeup? If so, isn't there a better and less expensive e/s base?

Originally Posted by MACGoddess A lot of people seem to use Still Life Paint by MAC, but do you all use it just as a base for eye makeup? If so, isn't there a better and less expensive e/s base? loreal has a e/s primer called creaseless thats pretty decent for its price.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess A lot of people seem to use Still Life Paint by MAC, but do you all use it just as a base for eye makeup? If so, isn't there a better and less expensive e/s base? I use all my paints both as a base for powder shadows or on their own depending on the look I'm after. If all you're after is something to help make the shadows last longer, buy a product made for that. I think the colors go on more intense with the paints underneath and that is why I use them underneath my powder e/s's.

Latest posts

Back