Magazine Addict

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anybody else a magazine addict? I just love magazines! I read actual books, all the time! But I just looooove my magazines!! Anybody else have piles and piles of magazines?

Gosh, I really couldn't pick a single favorite! There are just too many I really like! My favorite fashion/beauty magazine is Allure, second fave is Marie Claire. (As much as I love magazines, I only buy Cosmo or Glamour if I'm desperate for a magazine I haven't read!) My favorite "home/decorating" magazine is Romantic Homes. It completely captures my favorite style of interior design. My favorite "celebrity" magazine is Us Weekly. I know probably half of it isn't true, but I don't care! It's fun! Those are the main types of magazines I get, but I will get anything that looks enticing or has something I'm interested in on the cover.

I'm not as much of a magazine addict but a catalog addict. I get so many catalogs and some magazines too that the mail man told me to get a bigger mailbox because they don't all fit and he has to put half of them on the porch.

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon

Is anybody else a magazine addict? I just love magazines! I read actual books, all the time! But I just looooove my magazines!! Anybody else have piles and piles of magazines?

I was once a catalogue addict, but I treated them as magazines, not stores, so they stopped coming since I didn't order anything! After I'm done with magazines, the first thing I do is pass them off to my friend (or we sometimes trade...) If she has them, or we're all done with them, I offer them to my friends with kids in pre-school/elementary school/girl scouts, etc. because they often want magazines for projects. And if all else fails, I dump them in the recycle part of my trash bin!

Oh, just because I'm a magazine addict doesn't mean I'm not also a TV addict!!! In fact, I often watch TV AND flip through magazines at the same time! (I call that multi-tasking!)

I just bought the Allure Beauty magazine when I was at the store the other day. I liked all the beauty articles.

Of the "beauty" magazines, Allure is the best for actual beauty info! Don't get me wrong, I love reading articles, too, but when I want beauty tips, I get Allure. I like Marie Claire for the mix of beauty/fashion and good articles. Honestly, I don't usually buy Cosmo because every other article is on how to have a better orgasm (or what your man wants in bed, or how to have a better orgasm while doing what your man wants in bed)...and that's getting a little old to see month after month! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having better sex! But damn, do they realize there are other things to write about? Is it just me? Does anybody else think they way overdo it? (Unfortunately it seems Glamour is following Cosmo's footsteps in that dept...)

Latest posts

Back