major skin damage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex

Reaction score
hey gals i hope u can help

heres the thing am 17 and my skin is already damaged ..i almost tried every thing

my face pores r getting bigger and u can tell that my skin is tired i started having black heads last year i used boire strips and it 80% worked ..but the problem is it doesn't clean it all ..yea and the area under my eyes is so .. umm how can i describe it dead ?! its black and loss ..it's been that way ever since i remember nothing helps ..and i have dark areas in my cheeks and chin that i think it was caused by acne

plz if anyone has any tip for me to how to take care of my skin post it

thnx

Today, well actually 10 minutes ago
icon_eek.gif
, I purchased ddf's glycolic tonic 10%. I have heard so many good things about this toner, too many to count. it's $25, so it's a little pricy, but like I said, it really helps out your complexion. maybe you might want to check this out. I think "naturally" reccomended a glycolic toner by Phadvantage that you also might want to check out. Hope I helped you out!!!

I think it is important to have a good skin care system. I know I never cared about my skin into recently (Well as I got older and it started to show). You should use your skin care system daily and find a system that works for you.
wink.gif

Welcome Bex! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
smile.gif
I agree with Kim on the microdermabrasion. You might also want to see a Dermatologist - maybe they can reccomend a fading cream that might help you out?

hi bex and welcome to mut. i think you need to get to a dermatologist and get yourself on a regular skin care regime. at 17 your body is still changing so be patient and soon you will start to see positive results.

Hi!

I agree with the microdermabrasion. If you don't want to go to a dermatologist (it can get quite expensive), L'Oreal has an at-home microdermabrasion kit called "Loreal Refinish Microdermabrasion Kit." Its about $24, and it helps to smooth out the skin with aluminum oxide crystals (exactly what the dermatologists use). It also has moisturizing agents like vitamin E.

The product is great for sensitive skin like yours, 100% safe to use at home, and the end result is a smooth, glowing face!

As for the dark, dry area around your eyes, use an eye cream every night before you go to bed to keep the area moisturized... and drink lots of water!
wink.gif

Oh! And the acne spots, a friend of mine uses Rodan & Fields Calm Treat medicated lotion (religiously!). It contains both natural ingredients and benzoyl peroxide, that help to lighten those dark post-acne marks. I've seen it at Henri Bendel and at Nordstrom's... but I'm not sure of the price.

Good Luck!
icon_biggrin.gif

I think you should definetly go see a dermatologists before you buy any products to put on your face. Sometimes what works for other people may not work for you. But, I do recommend that you start using SPF moisturizer before you go outside. If you are dark skin, than you should use SPF 30 or higher. Hope that helps. Goodluck
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bex hey gals i hope u can helpheres the thing am 17 and my skin is already damaged ..i almost tried every thing

my face pores r getting bigger and u can tell that my skin is tired i started having black heads last year i used boire strips and it 80% worked ..but the problem is it doesn't clean it all ..yea and the area under my eyes is so .. umm how can i describe it dead ?! its black and loss ..it's been that way ever since i remember nothing helps ..and i have dark areas in my cheeks and chin that i think it was caused by acne

thnx

Hello. I had similar problem as yours but now it gets far better. I used "FunPrese" soap in the morining and in the night. One of my japanese frieds told me that it works really great on skin problems. And I realize it is true! It is so gentle that it can be used even on a infant's skin. Currently you can find it online, actually at Froogle. Jsut soap may be enough.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For a radiant, beautiful complexion, as a regular or time - specific treatment :

Blemish Control AND Beauty Flash Balm AND Instant Shine Control Gel

To refine facial contours for a beautiful, youthful appearance :

Bright Plus Target Zone Brightening Corrector AND UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF 40 AND Bright Plus Brightening Cleansing Mousse

Use an exfoliating treatment or facial mask once / twice a week :

Gentle Exfoliating Refiner AND Normalizing Facial Mask AND Bright Plus Gentle Brightening Exfoliator

For the eye contour area :

Eye Contour Gel AND Eye Revive Beauty Flash OR Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask

Originally Posted by Bex hey gals i hope u can helpheres the thing am 17 and my skin is already damaged ..i almost tried every thing

thnx

Hey....hope some ppl gave you some good advice on how to improve your skin conditions. I thought I mention something else to you for your skin which is eminence skin care products. Recently, I bought some eminence products including facial masks, exfloiaters and facial cleanser. Eminence products are herbal products so they are good for your skin if you have problem using products that contain benzol poroxide, or some other alcholic products.

Goodluck.

Def see a dermatologist. Wear a good sunscreen, try a microdermabrasion kit or glycolic acid tx. Aspirin masks/toner is also an option-there are many recipies on the net for this.

Welcome to the forum! I agree with the others that you should get on a good skin care regime. Products with glycolic acid are very helpful. I highly recommend the microdermabrasion. Also try drinking plenty of water and eating healthy. Birth control pills can also be helpful for controling acne.

Originally Posted by Rahmed Hey....hope some ppl gave you some good advice on how to improve your skin conditions. I thought I mention something else to you for your skin which is eminence skin care products. Recently, I bought some eminence products including facial masks, exfloiaters and facial cleanser. Eminence products are herbal products so they are good for your skin if you have problem using products that contain benzol poroxide, or some other alcholic products. Hello, Rahmed. I'd also like to welcome you to the forum and say excellent recommendation. The Eminence Skin care line is amazing. I just recently discovered it myself but I am liking it more and more.

Latest posts

Back