Make my hair shine!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What can I spray to make my hair nice and shiny? I hate anything thats a balm or any sticky spray. Looking perferably for something that I can spray after I blowdry.

Have you tried looking for shine sprays? I'm not sure what's good though ^^;...

or defrizz serums? like Citre Shine Serum.=)

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel What can I spray to make my hair nice and shiny? I hate anything thats a balm or any sticky spray. Looking perferably for something that I can spray after I blowdry. Try "Smooth n' Seal" by SexyHair Concepts. It's part of the StraightSexyHair line. It's great! It help smooth flyaways, keep away frizz in humidity and add shine w/o looking greasy. It's an aerosol spray, so it won't dump a ton of product in one spot like a pump spray would. I sometimes spray it in the air and just walk through it, or spray it on the brush and comb it through my hair.
wink.gif
To keep hair frizz free, go over again quick w/ the blowdryer after using it.
wink.gif
SSSO.jpg

PS... just noticed while searching for a pic on google, that my 'love' for the SexyHair products put MuT #3 & #6 on the first page of google results for StraightSexyHair!!! Woo Hoo!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Go MuT!!!

theres alot of products you can try...

but if D.I.Y,

use honey-water instead of hair spray. just rinse out a small plastic spray bottle, add about two tablespoons of honey to the bottom of the bottle, fill the bottle with hot water, and shake well

its not so bad, but not many people are willing to put it on their hair
icon_lol.gif

I've used the Tigi Headrush shine spray and it works well for me. It didn't make my hair sticky or weight it down.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Try "Smooth n' Seal" by SexyHair Concepts. It's part of the StraightSexyHair line. It's great! It help smooth flyaways, keep away frizz in humidity and add shine w/o looking greasy. It's an aerosol spray, so it won't dump a ton of product in one spot like a pump spray would. I sometimes spray it in the air and just walk through it, or spray it on the brush and comb it through my hair.
wink.gif
To keep hair frizz free, go over again quick w/ the blowdryer after using it.
wink.gif
SSSO.jpg

PS... just noticed while searching for a pic on google, that my 'love' for the SexyHair products put MuT #3 & #6 on the first page of google results for StraightSexyHair!!! Woo Hoo!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Go MuT!!!

Sounds great! So this would be used after blow drying right? Is this a drugstore brand or a salon brand? I'm in Canada and I don't think I've ever heard about this line.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel What can I spray to make my hair nice and shiny? I hate anything thats a balm or any sticky spray. Looking perferably for something that I can spray after I blowdry. "BriteLites" comes in a spray can and does the job beautifully.It cost $9... but last a very long time.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Sounds great! So this would be used after blow drying right? Is this a drugstore brand or a salon brand? I'm in Canada and I don't think I've ever heard about this line. This is a Salon brand, but sometimes drugstores out here will carry it if they have certain 'sections' for salon items. I see it most often at Ulta, do they have that near you?? Maybe you could order it online somewhere?? Yes, you do use it after you blowdry. But they say that for more "anti-frizz' power, to just go over it again quick w/ the dryer for a second.
wink.gif

wash your hair in warm water and then rinse it in cold, or wash it in cold water. that always makes it shinier .. and Paul Mitchell skinny serum something works and smells really good for me .

Originally Posted by kristiex0 wash your hair in warm water and then rinse it in cold, or wash it in cold water. that always makes it shinier .. and Paul Mitchell skinny serum something works and smells really good for me . Yup... cool water seals the cuticle and the pores of the scalp... leaving your hair shinier and less frizzy
wink.gif

i like shine sprays and john freida anti-frizz serum! they make your hair shiny without looking oily and greasy.

If you have a Sally's beauty supply near you, check them out, they have several spays. they also have the biolage one as a generic version, which is cheaper. I use ion's and really like it.

ion aerosol

302150.jpg

generic

264085.jpg

and Beyond the zone aerosol, i am really inetersted in trying this one.

140026.jpg

i use KMS's Flat Out Weightless Shine Spray - it doesn't weigh your hair down at all and gives it a nice healthy shine! i normally spray it in an upward motion in order to let it fall onto my hair and don't spray it close to my hair.....hope you understood what i really mean....

Latest posts

Back