Make Up and the gym

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I normally just head to the gym either barefaced or with whatever I have on after work, but I woke up this morning and was getting ready to leave and noticed I was looking particularly bad. I told myself I'd just put on tinted moisturizer and lip balm, but next thing I knew I had a full face of make up on...just for going to the gym. 

What is your gym make up routine? 

I used to wear concealer, tinted lip balm, and mascara when I went to the university gym (hotties all around!), but now since I go to the often empty apartment gym, I usually go bare faced. I'm  more prone to breakout, so I don't want to risk that by wearing makeup and getting all sweaty. Plus, wearing a lot of makeup on my face makes it really itchy if I sweat a lot. 

The thing that gets me is that I ALWAYS swim after I do cardio/weights, so why am I putting make up on? Silllly me. Although this morning I had to drop off my dry cleaning and hit up a farmers  market on the way to the gym so I guess it was a little justified.

I usually don't put anything on my face before the gym, since I get acne so easily. I have to be super careful with my face, if I don't take a shower after the gym, I have some terrible breakouts.

Makeup only makes me look worse after a workout than barefaced. I sweat and I need to was my face and shower after. It's much easier to take makeup with me and apply after my workout.

I go barefaced with some lipbalm. That's actually been my everyday look for a while now, lol.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Makeup only makes me look worse after a workout than barefaced. I sweat and I need to was my face and shower after. It's much easier to take makeup with me and apply after my workout.
That reminds me of a time I wore a full face of makeup to the gym when I was in undergrad--I went, had lots of eyeliner and mascara on, and I thought I was lookin' pretty cute with my hair, makeup and little shorts. I noticed a lot of people would look at me for kind of a long time, and this on guy just kept staring. I thought he was diggin' me!

Nope. Went to the bathroom after my workout, and my pretty mascara, eyeshadow, and eyeliner had just run all down my face. I looked like some sort of sweaty demon raccoon. 

The makeup mixed with sweat which also exfoliates your skin all mix together and clog your pores to break you out all nice.

focus on your body. i know you'd want to look good but if you would put on make, you'd look funny with all the sweat all over your face. better go bare and feel good than go full blast with your makeup and look funny.

I usually work out in the evening-  I take off my foundation before doing anything, but I leave all of my eye makeup on.  It's silly, but I never want to take all of it off.

I go to the gym in the morning and don't have time to redo my makeup usually. So, I wear a full face.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That reminds me of a time I wore a full face of makeup to the gym when I was in undergrad--I went, had lots of eyeliner and mascara on, and I thought I was lookin' pretty cute with my hair, makeup and little shorts. I noticed a lot of people would look at me for kind of a long time, and this on guy just kept staring. I thought he was diggin' me!

Nope. Went to the bathroom after my workout, and my pretty mascara, eyeshadow, and eyeliner had just run all down my face. I looked like some sort of sweaty demon raccoon. 
LOL i totally can understand this! That's why I never wear makeup at the gym.. I usually try to wash my face before the gym bc I don't want anything clogging my pores. plus, I sweat at the gym so it'd probably run down my face!

Sweating and makeup don't go nicely together (just thinking about wearing foundation while working out is enough to make me breakout)...but if you must...
huh.gif

Waterproof mascara (if you wipe your face with a towel, some will probably come off no matter if it's 'waterproof')

Water-based concealor

Slightly defined brow

Your cheeks will take care of themselves with that sexy rosy glow! Leave your lips alone as you should be sipping water throughout and afterwards.

When I was incredibly insecure...I used to. Now I don't give a sh**. Bare faced it is.

There is no way that I am going to the gym with any makeup on whatsoever, haha. I scrub it all off and head off with a moisturized face and chapstick. I don't want to worry about my makeup while I'm working out and I don't like the sweat + makeup combo. It just feels grosser than usual!

As much as I'd like to have a little help on my face while I'm working out, it just isn't happening! I'm a sweaty mess at the gym (like it should be) and I'd be too embarrassed about the makeup smear-off's on my towel. Plus, it definitely doesn't feel good to have anything on my face and clogging up my pores while I'm pumping iron. 

Coconut oil cleaned faced and lip balm is it for me!

I just do a light dusting of mineral foundation, top lash waterproof mascara, and pink tinted lip balm. the foundation actually looks just fine, not cakey at all. But I can't even bring myself to wear any sort of liquid foundation so I'm a light makeup kind of girl anyway.

One thing I'm glad about every day since I got my treadmill for my birthday, I don't have to care about how I look at all while working out.  Most times I leave my makeup from the day on til I'm done then I cleanse but that's because I'm lazy.  I usually don't have any lipstick left on me by then and my mmu doesn't seem to be clogging my pores.  It actually makes my skin look good with I sweat which is odd. If I were to go to gym however, I'd take my make up off before I go. 

Latest posts

Back