Make up artist on brides

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I am a freelance make up artist and this forum is really for other make up artists out there? I have done many weddings and had the first bride who did not like her make up, I am seriously thinking of sticking to other lines of make up artistry and not doing bridal due the brides being to fussy and not understanding that if they have a make up artist not a beautician they will look like they have make up on as that is in the title of my business'artist'. do any other make up artist feel this way?  I feel that my services are wasted on brides who want 'natural' but to be natural they still need make up on at least.

Reaction score
I'm not a makeup artist but i can relate, brides can act like butterflies. Maybe it's because her idea of natural is not yours ? Maybe to her natural just means no colorful purple with duochrome glitters and extravagant false lashes (lol).

Reaction score
I do natural make up, a professionally trained artist does learn how to contour and highlight the face and not stick colours and lashes and glitter on the bride, I do not do this. If a bride wants natural as possible then she is best doing it herself or getting a beautician as an artist brings out the features and does not make the face look flat but gives a 3d effect and a radiant glow.

Latest posts