Make Up Books

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been brought up in previous threads...

I know about the Kevyn Aucoin books, but I was wondering if any of you ladies have any other make up books that you love and think are really helpful? Looking for some Christmas present ideas hehe
smile.gif

I have 2 of Kevyn's books, Making Faces and Face Forward. I also have Iman's book The Beauty of Color and Sam Fine's book Fine Beauty. I also have a couple of older books by Alfred Fornay.

Welcome to MuT!

Please do a *search* before posting a new thread to avoid duplicates. There should be quite a few threads on this already.

I'd post links to them, but you wouldn't be able to see them until you reached 10 posts...

Personally, I love Kevin Aucoin's books and Makeup Makeovers by Robert Jones.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lyndebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard good things about "5 minute face" by carmindy I have this book and I really enjoy it. It's particularily good for beginners. Bobbi Brown's books are also really good.

Hi,

I copied this from my notepad

7/3/06 - Here's a listing of some of my makeup books. At some point, I will put up all of them as well as my lemmings:

Richard Corson's "Stage Makeup"

Kevyn Aucoin's "The Art of Makeup, "Face Forward", "A Beautiful Life" and "The Art of Makeup"

Way Bandy's "Desiging Your Face"

Francois Nars' "Makeup Your Mind"

Rosemarie Swinfield's "Stage Makeup Step-by-Step:....."

Henry Buchman's "Stage Makeup"

Reggie Wells' "Face Painting....."

Eve Pearl's "Makeup Without the Plastic Surgery:...."

Sam Fine's "Fine Beauty"

Iman's "The Beauty of Color:...."

Bobbi Brown's "Beauty"

Margaret Kimura's "Asian Beauty"

Crystal Wright's "The Hair, Makeup and Styling Career Guide"

Juliet Cohen's "Vogue Makeup"

Hope this helps.

i own all of the bobbi brown books.

i think they are good for a beginer, or someone that needs help toning down there make up.

i enjoyed reading them , and they had many good looks but they were very subtle looks. so if the person you are buying a book for is more intrested in intense or theatrical make up these are not the books for them.

thanks for all the replies girls it's definitly helped.. the only thing is now i'm going to want them all!

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
I copied this from my notepad

7/3/06 - Here's a listing of some of my makeup books. At some point, I will put up all of them as well as my lemmings:

Richard Corson's "Stage Makeup"

Kevyn Aucoin's "The Art of Makeup, "Face Forward", "A Beautiful Life" and "The Art of Makeup"

Way Bandy's "Desiging Your Face"

Francois Nars' "Makeup Your Mind"

Rosemarie Swinfield's "Stage Makeup Step-by-Step:....."

Henry Buchman's "Stage Makeup"

Reggie Wells' "Face Painting....."

Eve Pearl's "Makeup Without the Plastic Surgery:...."

Sam Fine's "Fine Beauty"

Iman's "The Beauty of Color:...."

Bobbi Brown's "Beauty"

Margaret Kimura's "Asian Beauty"

Crystal Wright's "The Hair, Makeup and Styling Career Guide"

Juliet Cohen's "Vogue Makeup"

Hope this helps.

That's a long list! Which one do you think is the most helpful? TIA

Besides "Making Faces" I also like "Ultimate Makeup and Beauty" by Mary Quant... Don't know if its still in print or not..

Originally Posted by TheStranger1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's a long list! Which one do you think is the most helpful? TIA Hi,
If I were fairly new to makeup, I would get any one of Kevyn Aucoin's; or the ones by Eve Pearl and Francois Nars. The books by Francois is pretty cool because it has plastic overlays over each picture.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
If I were fairly new to makeup, I would get any one of Kevyn Aucoin's; or the ones by Eve Pearl and Francois Nars. The books by Francois is pretty cool because it has plastic overlays over each picture.

Thank you!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back