Make-Up Brushes, what do I buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiiiii, 

I'm about to start a Make-Up & Beauty course and was just wondering if some of you had suggestions on which brushes are best to buy and won't fall apart after a few uses.

Oh, and reasonably priced too for me starting out! 

Thanks!

C x

Some of the most popular parts of MakeupTalk are:

I LOVE EcoTools. They are very inexpensive, eco-friendly and hold up REALLY well. I've had my set for 2 years I believe and they are perfect. They don't shed at all and are very soft. I also like Sonia Kashuk. I have a few other brands but those are my favorites. Both are found at Target and the EcoTools are also in other stores.

^ definitely second ecotools--I have the travel eye brush set and love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. the elf studio line brushes (also at target) are decent too--they have a pretty wide selection. you could also use the elf $1 brushes, but I wouldn't use them as your primary brushes if I were you.

I pretty much stick to MAC brushes exclusively. However, Urban Decay and Sephora also have decent brushes that will last.

I have been loving my MAC 239. I've tried EcoTools before and have no complaints. Also had a more than decent experience with Sigma in the past. Rumor has it that Sigma's Sigmax is comparable to MAC...not sure whether that's true but if I'm brave enough to give it a shot I'll let you know 
smiletongue.gif

I have bdellium tools green bamboo brushes and I like them. I also have tried everyday minerals brushes, which are nice too. Too expensive, but I have to admit I like urban decay brushes best. I prefer brushes not made from animal hair since its difficult to know just how the hair is acquired.

I have brushes from all over the place. I love my Real Techniques tho.

Hezzie, which Real Techniques brushes do you have? I would like to buy set of their brushes for the face:)

I have the eye definition starter set. It comes with 5 brushes. I want to get the stippling brush next.

I highly recommend the Real Techniques stippling brush and the buffing brush.  I believe the buffing brush is only sold in the core collection set.  The Real Technique brushes (and Eco Tools brushes) are buy one, get one 50% off at Ulta, starting June 3rd!  The best time to stock up on these brushes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also have an eco tools blush brush. It's pretty good. My favorite brush though is from Japonesque. It's the stippling brush. I use it mostly for foundation but also use it for my blush. It works great for contouring my face. Unfortunately, it is almost $30 :-

I use the Sigmax line from Sigma and absolutely love them! They are super soft and very sturdy!

I will definitely look into that. Thanks for letting me know about the sale!

Originally Posted by teepee23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I highly recommend the Real Techniques stippling brush and the buffing brush.  I believe the buffing brush is only sold in the core collection set.  The Real Technique brushes (and Eco Tools brushes) are buy one, get one 50% off at Ulta, starting June 3rd!  The best time to stock up on these brushes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back