Make up Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question was already answered somewhere. I'm new.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What are the best make up brushes that you have come across? I am ready to invest in some good ones.

Thanks!

icon_smile.gif

For eyes, I love Laura Mercier and some MAC brushes. I also like Sonia Kashuk's eye shadow brushes. For blush I've used and liked Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier, Lancome and Px. Lancome makes a dense, flat-headed brush that makes applying sheer and light blushes a breeze. For face powder, most department store lines are decent, but I really love The Body Shop's powder brush. It's a synthetic brush that lays down powder well without being too expensive. Also it's highly resistant to breakage. I did NOT like Sonia Kashuk for Blush and Powder. Both broke down too fast. Maybe she improved her bristles, but the ones I purchased a few years ago died fast on me.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki I'm sorry if this question was already answered somewhere. I'm new.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What are the best make up brushes that you have come across? I am ready to invest in some good ones.

Thanks!

icon_smile.gif

I think it depends on how much you're willing to spend..I use and love MAC.Mid range in price..Good quality..Kevyn Aucoin has a nice set but it's pricey(http://www.kevynaucoin.com) Shu Uemura also makes good quality brushes(squirrel)..They're no longer available online you have to order direct from their boutiques in either Soho(N.Y) or L.A

Thanks so much. You guys are great. I've been on other Make Up message boards and they weren't all that helpful with what they called 'simple questions' like this one. Thanks again. I do like the MAC ones, so I might just take the leap and get them.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Thanks so much. You guys are great. I've been on other Make Up message boards and they weren't all that helpful with what they called 'simple questions' like this one. Thanks again. I do like the MAC ones, so I might just take the leap and get them. If I may suggest a few must have MAC brushes: 266(lining),219(for crease&outer V),217(For washes)213(blending)190(for foundation if you use cream or liquid foundation that is)

I know what you mean about the other boards. They move way too fast, causing many questions get pushed off the first page without a notice.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I know what you mean about the other boards. They move way too fast, causing many questions get pushed off the first page without a notice.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's funny as many complain that MuT doesn't move fast enough..LOL

Originally Posted by allisong If I may suggest a few must have MAC brushes:266(lining),219(for crease&outer V),217(For washes)213(blending)190(for foundation if you use cream or liquid foundation that is)

Thanks...
*going to the MAC site to check these out*

Those who complain should start a new thread or two. It takes all of us to make MuT dynamic!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by allisong That's funny as many complain that MuT doesn't move fast enough..LOL

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Those who complain should start a new thread or two. It takes all of us to make MuT dynamic!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Amen Sistah!!

Please feel free to ask any questions you have. There are no too simple of questions on this board. You can also ask questions that someone has already asked. Doesn't hurt to ask again.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by allisong If I may suggest a few must have MAC brushes:266(lining),219(for crease&outer V),217(For washes)213(blending)190(for foundation if you use cream or liquid foundation that is)

I 150% 2nd Ali's choices..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Please feel free to ask any questions you have. There are no too simple of questions on this board. You can also ask questions that someone has already asked. Doesn't hurt to ask again.
smile.gif
Thanks you! I love this place.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 I 150% 2nd Ali's choices..
smile.gif
Why Thank you Fellow MAC junkie
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back