Make up faux pas this morning....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did my makeup this morning and was soooo pleased with myself. I LOVED the way it looked!! I wore MAC Prose & Fancy on the lid; Frost pigment in the inner corner; Moth brown in the crease; Frost pigment lightly over lid to blend the colors; MAC Beaded to highlight brows; a blue e/l on top lid (no clue of the brand); Tigi Teal and MAC Tealo to line lower lid; New Vegas SF to highlight face; and MAC Reed blush.

On my way to work, there was a little traffic jam on the highway, so of course I use the time that I'm sitting in traffic to admire my makeup. WTF!!! I looked like I was on my way to a club or something!!!
icon_redface.gif
Dont get me wrong.. I still thought it looked great, but it was sooooo not appropriate for the office. I've gotta remember to take one last look in the mirror before leaving the house!!
icon_redface.gif

SO what did you do? Did you go to work like that? You need to take pics of your gorgeous self girlie.

it's because you weren't in natural light while doing your makeup, right? that sucks! did you take some off?

don't wanna bring back nightmares, but remember that one time you posted an emergency about the glitter all over your face? LOL now that it's over, i'm sure you can laugh about it!

hahahahahaha!!!!

did you wipe any off or keep it? did anyone say anything?

I'd like to participate in the FOTD forum sometime. I've got a great camera, but I have not learned how to take great pics..... I can never distinguish colors when I take pictures. I've tried tons of diff settings, but no luck.. I'm working on it though!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol SO what did you do? Did you go to work like that? You need to take pics of your gorgeous self girlie.

OMG!!! You remember that post!! Yeah, I can laugh about it now!! Its always something, huh?

I wasnt in natural light when I applied my mu this a.m. Next time.. I will be!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer it's because you weren't in natural light while doing your makeup, right? that sucks! did you take some off?
don't wanna bring back nightmares, but remember that one time you posted an emergency about the glitter all over your face? LOL now that it's over, i'm sure you can laugh about it!

I tried to wipe a bit off, but it started looking a bit splotchy so I decided that i was just gonna have to suck it up and live with it. I rationalized it by saying to myself that its 'casual day' (which it really was) so maybe its not so bad that I went overboard with the mu.
icon_neutral.gif
icon_question.gif

(it was STILL bad to have that much mu on!!!)

Originally Posted by Liz hahahahahaha!!!!did you wipe any off or keep it? did anyone say anything?

LOL- You are in good company. I did the same thing with LUCKYGREEN. I thought it was ok in the bathroom light (where there is NO window) so out the door i went.. I just happened to decide to admire my new color while waiting at the traffic light.. HELLO GREEN DISCO BALL! YEEEEEOOOOO!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! thank got i had a small MAC palette with me.. and could adjust.. wow.. did i learn the HARD way!

LOL @ Tracey! I remember that glitter thread too.. I'm sure you looked fab though girlie so dont worry about it
biggrin.gif

Since this topic is a kind of related, I'll post another tip:

If you use one of those eye creams or undereye concealers that reflects light away from the eye area, DON'T USE IT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO A CLUB! If you're going somewhere with blacklights, strobelights, or neon signs/lights, they will reflect off of your undereye and you'll look REALLY CREEPY! I looked like I belonged in a haunted house.

LOL!!! OMG that is just too funny. I can imagine seeing someone with it on in a club. Thanks for the warning!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby Since this topic is a kind of related, I'll post another tip:
If you use one of those eye creams or undereye concealers that reflects light away from the eye area, DON'T USE IT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO A CLUB! If you're going somewhere with blacklights, strobelights, or neon signs/lights, they will reflect off of your undereye and you'll look REALLY CREEPY! I looked like I belonged in a haunted house.

Thanks Trisha!!! But now that is 24 hours behind me, I'm not feeling as bad about it so if I am being laughed at.... I can handle it cuz I'm laughing at me too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I might try that same look again if I go out later on tonight.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha oh no Tracey we are laughing with you not at you! x

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU LOL!!! OMG that is just too funny. I can imagine seeing someone with it on in a club. Thanks for the warning!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
No problem! Unfortunately for me, it's at my expense!

Latest posts

Back