Make Up For Ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, their eyeshadows are really pigmented and they have refillable palettes in many different sizes. Try their lip/eye pencils, they are SOOOO long you get tons of product. I really like the lipglosses in the squeeze tubes. My favorite eyebrow pencil is also from MUFE. It's not a cream based pencil like most companies make, it's actually a powder based pencil so it looks softer and more realistic, but it can also be used wet for more dramatic or intense applications. In my opinion, this company is highly under-rated.
smile.gif

Thank you, this isn't a very popular brand here, but I suspect MUFE is really good

A friend of mine gave me a lipstick and an eye pencil from Make Up For Ever... the lipstick is called "L110 Sand"(its a Lacqured Lipstick): I like the semi-glossy finish, and it moisturizes very well... the color did go on a little pale on my medium olive skintone. The eye pencil she gave me was called "11 Peacock Blue" (its a matte deep turquoise/blue)... this one is good as well, however I prefer MAC's eye kohls for their smoother application and shimmer... I don't really like matte eye pencils. Make Up Forever has a wide variety of products though, so I'm sure you can find what you're looking for
icon_cheesygrin.gif
!

Originally Posted by ikebana Make Up Forever has a wide variety of products though, so I'm sure you can find what you're looking for
icon_cheesygrin.gif
! Thanks, I think it too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

jess (wongy) talks about the concealer being so great. i believe it's called lift concealer? can't think of it off the top of my head.

i've never tried anything by mufe, though. sorry i wasn't much help!

I have a friend that is a big fan of that brand. I swear she must ony wear that brand, she has so much of it. It is nice stuff, and I really like their lipsticks. It isn't any less expensive than any of the other brands I like, so I just buy from the cheaper brands that I like.

Originally Posted by Jennifer sorry i wasn't much help! Oh no, every comment is helpful to me
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I have a friend that is a big fan of that brand. I swear she must ony wear that brand, she has so much of it. It is nice stuff, and I really like their lipsticks. Really? That's interesting!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl It isn't any less expensive than any of the other brands I like, so I just buy from the cheaper brands that I like Yeah, I see... I don't know for sure but maybe this French brand is cheaper here in Europe.

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Really? That's interesting!

Yeah, I see... I don't know for sure but maybe this French brand is cheaper here in Europe.

I'm sure it is. It is more expensive than MAC in the US, but I know my friend usually buys her stuff when she travels to France.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I'm sure it is. It is more expensive than MAC in the US, but I know my friend usually buys her stuff when she travels to France. What???? Here it's the opposite (MAC is expensive and not so easy to find in Italy). For example, a Mac pigment full size costs € 21.50 = $ 26.79
icon_cry.gif
and a MUFE loose e/s (0.09 oz./ 2,8 gr.) is about € 12.50 = $ 15.58. Less quantity but nice colors as well.

how much are they in the US? and where can you buy them other than online?

Liz, you can buy Make Up Forever at Sephora in the States. That is the only place, I beleive. In Canada, you can buy it at select Sears stores.

It would most definetely be cheaper in Italy because, like you said, Make up forever is a European brand, created in France. MAC was created here in Canada so it is considered a North American brand.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I get 20% off Make up forever. It's really hard to get the full 40% discount. I suppose some of our Makeup Artists here who have been doing it for many years probably have the full discount.

If you have a discount with MAC, you probably can get the MUFE discount too. Check it out on their website.

Originally Posted by gamaki Liz, you can buy Make Up Forever at Sephora in the States. That is the only place, I beleive. In Canada, you can buy it at select Sears stores. It would most definetely be cheaper in Italy because, like you said, Make up forever is a European brand, created in France. MAC was created here in Canada so it is considered a North American brand.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

ahhhh. ok. do they have it at sephora.com?

Originally Posted by gamaki I get 20% off Make up forever. It's really hard to get the full 40% discount. I suppose some of our Makeup Artists here who have been doing it for many years probably have the full discount.
If you have a discount with MAC, you probably can get the MUFE discount too. Check it out on their website.

I know what you mean!!! A girl that i work with has been in the business for almost 30 years, and she gets the full 40% at almost every brand... sadly, most of the discounts I get are only 20% too, but I've never gotten around to using my discount at MUFE.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by gamaki Liz, you can buy Make Up Forever at Sephora in the States. That is the only place, I beleive. In Canada, you can buy it at select Sears stores. It would most definetely be cheaper in Italy because, like you said, Make up forever is a European brand, created in France. MAC was created here in Canada so it is considered a North American brand.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I didn't know MAC was created in Canada. WOW! I'm learning so much here.

I only have their color correcting primer (in green, to cancel out redness) and it DOES NOT WORK. I meant to try out more (like some e/s or loose e/s powder) but i´d have to walk a while to get to the MU 4ever store and I`m lazy. but I´m planning a big Makeup Haul anyway so I might get something

I'm stocked full of MUF products! Sephora is the only place on line in the States you can get it, but it is available at a few other stores.

Mirtilla, what kind of products are you looking to buy? If I know what you're looking for, I might be able to recommend a few things from he line. Their lipstick palettes are nice, the shadows and pigments are great too. I don't like their brushes at all, but the Face and Body liquid makeup isn't bad. They have other things as well, but what do you want to try?

Latest posts

Back