Make-up for *SUPER* oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been doing some research but it’s so confusing.

Here’s what I’ve been considering so far:

Foundations:

Estee Lauder Double Wear

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet

Ive thought about MAC foundations but from what Ive read they aren’t really suited

For really oily skin.

Concealers:

Make Up For Ever Full Cover

MAC Studio Finish

MAC Select Cover-Up

Powders:

MAC Select Sheer Pressed

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

you should also really think about investing in a primer. even the best will slip off if you dont have a good barrier.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif you should also really think about investing in a primer. even the best will slip off if you dont have a good barrier. I have smashbox primer, but I didnt think it made a difference. For me it's not worth putting on my face =(, it almost seemed to make it oilier.I recently bought that chaffing lotion stuff, it's *very* similar to smashbox, only of course way cheaper lol.

I also have MoM (Milk of Magnesia) that does seem to help some, since it helps absorb a lil bit of the oil.

I also have some hyperpigmentation/light scarring that I want to cover w/the concealer as well as some minor acne. The concealer is more for the blemishes/discoloration, than undereye, but that would be useful too.

Im really dying to try all of it, but budget isnt lol.

Thanks for responded brewgrl, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wouldn't get EL Doublewear, it's like wearing a mask. Try Dior Forever Thanks Ill look into that, just eesh $42 a bottle.Anything comparable for less?

These days I only wear makeup maybe twice a week.

Can anyone please tell me. where i can buy milk of magnesia online. please.....thanx. this is urgent. before my cousin come back to malaysia. she's staying in LA. i normally buy online..and post it to her house in the US.

There is MAC Blot Powder and MAC Multi-Purpose Matte, which is like a primer. I have the Smashbox Primer too, and I think the MAC Multi-Purpose keeps my oily t-zone at bay better. I use it everyday. Here's the description from MAC's Web site:

A matte-ifying cream that acts like a powder, M·A·C Matte adds a sheer, no-shine matte texture in one smooth layer. May be used on bare or made-up skin. Use a latex sponge or a 252 Large Shader Brush to apply over the entire face or in the T-zone to reduce the appearance of shine. Apply M·A·C Matte after moisturizer, but before foundation to prime the skin for makeup. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly over top of M·A·C Matte. Apply M·A·C Matte to eyelids before applying Eye Shadow or Paints to help increase the longevity of the makeup and reduce creasing.

Latest posts

Back