Make up for tan skinned girls?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, bluebird! I'm Ericka and I'm an NC43 in MAC.

My faves (MAC unless otherwise stated):

Lips: Love VGV, Pink Apertif and Honeyflower. Those are my trinity of lipsticks right now. Sophisto is going to be my next one, and it's gorgeous as well.

Eyes: I've only gotten into eye makeup in the last year full scale. I love golden neutral shades (patina, woodwinked) but I am slowly coming around to color, esp warm greens (lucky green, sumptuous olive). I only own 10 shadows and I love them all: my short list: Patina, Sketch (a nice burgundy red with a hint of sparkle), sumptuous olive, expensive pink, woodwinked, naked lunch, lucky green (unfortunately LE) and the diana 2 quad which is unfortunately LE and hard to find with showstopper (rich chocolate brown), flipside (great gold), shroom (great light neutral for highlighting or a base) and dance mix a bright but sheer coral shade. I've been inspired by Trisha ---seems we brown eyed girls can pull of just about any color. Shadesticks are also a great way to try color---I bet lucky jade, mangomix, cedarrose and penny would look great on you. For cheaper alternatives, check out milani at the drugstore---fun colors with great quality for a very reasonable price.

Blush: I only own peachykeen which I love and Gold Deposit skin finish, which is the best blush/bronzer I've ever owned--applied correctly it gives you a beautiful glow.

Have fun trying new things!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I like the idea of earthy colors on darker skin!!
smile.gif
Janelle definitely proved that colorful shadows can look good on dark skin too though!! I'd say I'm more olive
wink.gif
but ty!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'd say I'm more olive
wink.gif
but ty! Well you know what I mean!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
You're darker than me, so that's just what I meant. Not that you're really that dark, LOL!!

LIPGLASS TO TRY:

1. SUCCULENT

2. DESIRE

3. RUSSIAN RED

4. SHOCK-O-LATE

5. SQUIRT

6. CRYSTAL BEACH

7. LURE-X

8. C-THRU

9. OH BABY

10. EXPLICIT

11. CHAI

12. SPRITE

13. ENTICE

14. PRR

15. GREED

16. LUST

BLUSH TO TRY:

1. FEVER

2. LOVECRUSH

3. RAIZIN

4. BLUNT (CONTOUR)

5. MARGIN

6. FORMAT

7. AMBERLING ROSE

8. PINCH ME

9. PLUM FOOLERY

10. MOCHA

LOOK SUGGESTION:

EXPENSIVE PINK/EYE SHADOW

STAR VIOLET/EYE SHADOW

WOODWINKED/EYE SHADOW

O/ LIPSTICK

MAHOGANY/ LIP PENCIL

DREAMY/ LIPGLASS

MARGIN/ BLUSH

Originally Posted by bluebird26 Hi there!I am 'bluebird' from Ne, and my skin has medium, medium dark complexion (NC44), Is there any recommendations for what color makeup to use? I have dark eyes and my hair is dark with some caramel highlights. I don't seem to get out of my brown and pinkish shades and I'm even more scared to try new lipstick colors...I like 'O' by mac but I would like to try something else different? so they can actually tell I AM wearing lipstick..lol

P.S

Charmaine and Tony...Thank you for ur help!

Back