Make-up related - Where do you keep your make-up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a new case/drawer to keep my make-up. I currently keep my make-up in this:

B0006NUOCU.16._AA384_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But I am running out of room and I don't want to get a new one. What do you all recommend?

I keep mine in a train case. i visit my family some weekends, and do my makeup in different areas, so i like having it in something portable.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I keep mine in a train case. i visit my family some weekends, and do my makeup in different areas, so i like having it in something portable. Do you have a picture of it? I saw one at Target today and it just looked sort of flimsy.

I love it and it was only like $15. It holds almost everything!

Originally Posted by Mariposa OH MY GAWD! That is so freaking awesome!

I tried looking for it at the Container Store's website and I can't find it. How long ago did you buy it?

Fairly recently. I think it was around October/November 2004.

Originally Posted by Mariposa I tried looking for it at the Container Store's website and I can't find it. How long ago did you buy it?

Hi Mariposa!

Here's a picture of my makeup case by Japonesque.

4791.jpg

It's pricey but suits me well professionally. It's my main case that I always use when I travel on jobs, because it's on wheels (and I have a bad back!). You can see other Japonesque cases here.

I also have this train case from Sephora that I got for $90.00 which was a great deal for a quality train case (the drawers move smoothly, unlike cheap cases that rattle).

P41537_hero.jpg

BUT... if you're looking for the BEST deal, I'd look into buying a tackle box or toolbox at your local hardware store. I think some other gals have made makeup cases out of hardware store finds, so let's see if they post pics.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hi Mariposa!
Here's a picture of my makeup case by Japonesque.

4791.jpg

It's pricey but suits me well professionally. It's my main case that I always use when I travel on jobs, because it's on wheel (and I have a bad back!). You can see other Japonesque cases here.

I also have a train case from Sephora that I got for $90.00 which was a great deal for a quality train case. I've seen poorly made train cases sell for $300.00, blah!

P41537_hero.jpg

BUT... if you're looking for the BEST deal, I'd look into buying a tackle box or toolbox at your local hardware store. I think some other gals have made makeup cases out of hardware store finds, so let's see if they post pics.
smile.gif

Nice cases. I don't want to spend too much $$ because I would rather buy more make-up to put in the case. LOL

Yeah... its the biggest one. You can add loads of stuff in that thing!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa Is it this one right here?
15651.jpg

The 26 drawer one?

That's hot Tracey!! If I didn't have to travel with my makeup for work, I'd buy that box.

Though now I'm wondering if there'd be a way to rig it up on a little dolly & secure all the drawers from spilling.... hmm...

And if I had to travel I'd get one like yours. Seriously, I was checking that out a few months ago when I outgrew my old train case. I'd purchased a few other Japonesque items and loved 'em so I was gonna give the train case a shot. I decided that since I'm not an MA, there was no need for me to spend that kind of money. Yours is definitely awesome!!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux That's hot Tracey!! If I didn't have to travel with my makeup, I'd get a box like that.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I'd purchased a few other Japonesque items and loved 'em so I was gonna give the train case a shot. I decided that since I'm not an MA, there was no need for me to spend that kind of money. Yours is definitely awesome!! Yes, Japonesque is definitely quality. I especially love their brushes! (Wish their site wasn't under construction, I guess I'll have to post some of my own pics later)

Before I log off, I just have to tell you... I went to you site just now and YOU ARE AWESOME!!! You've got some major talent there, kiddo! What I wouldnt give to have your skills and credentials!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yes, Japonesque is definitely quality. I especially love their brushes! (Wish their site wasn't under construction, I guess I'll have to post some of my own pics later)

B0006NUOCU.16._AA384_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have one similar to the one above, but it's got 4 drawers & is black. I'm outgrowing it which means it's time to purge.
eek.gif
redface.gif

I have a Rubbermaid one that looks sort of like the white three-drawer but it has a clear flip up to that can store bigger things and has two slots behind the flip up top to store taller things. I put some brushed in it.

I would take a pic but don't have a cam right now... probably not really what you were looking for anyway.

Tracey, that case is awesome! I want one of those!

Latest posts

Back