Make-Up Remover

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For eye makeup, I don't really care..will use whatever. I'm finishing up a bottle of Femme Cutoure remover, which was a freebie from a trip to Sally's. Next, will be a Lancome remover. My method is what saves me. Cotton rounds with a good dose of remover and leave them on my eyes for a moment or two, then gently rub anything left behind. Sometimes, I'll use makeup wipes; I've liked the Nuetrogena ones and Yes! To Cucumbers brand. Usually, I use an oil cleanser or pre cleanse to remove makeup and follow up with my fave cleanser,Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.

Clinique Take The Day Off is the best eye makeup remover I've found so far. I also use UD Melt Down or Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover if I don't have TTDO. My faithful backup, if I'm too lazy to fuss withmultiple steps is Equate (Walmart) brand Facial Cleansing Towelettes.

i love towelettes for the convenience factor, but sadly I can't use them very often because they will irritate my ridiculously sensitive skin.  I even worry about using cotton balls so there go the liquids too.  I'll second the vote for Clinique Take the Day Off Balm (there's also a cleansing milk and a liquid version) which is great because it absolutely doesn't irritate my skin or leave it feeling stripped or dry.  It is a little bit like rubbing Crisco into your face but the warmth melts it into something more like an oil.  It removes EVERYTHING, eyeliner, mascara, foundation, sunscreen.  Great stuff.

Olde time Pond's cold cream on a cotton ball for the eyes. Takes eeeeeverying off. Moisturizes, does not bother my eyes, dirt cheap, and lasts forever.

For the face...I'm working through the Dermatalogica pre-cleanse oil, and then doing a second pass with my Clarisonic. I don't think the pre-cleanse is doing much...so after that's done, it's going to be hand washing and then clarisonic (so still two washings)....

I typically just use my facial wipes I get to take off my makeup, but one of my new favorite brands, Bona Clara, just announced a makeup remover they put up for pre-order! It's supposed to do really great things for your lashes, and while I'm bummed I won't get it until February, it does give me something to look forward to!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use any make up remover, just my Philosophy Purity Made Simple, it removes all my make up, even mascara :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love Philosophy! I just ordered some products from them and will get a sample of this because I want to try it before I buy it (even though I've read great reviews)!

It works wonders, it's super gentle on your skin and it does remove ALL the make up. Here's how I test if make up is actually removed, I grab a cotton round and put some Clinique Clarifying lotion on it, if the cotton comes out white, it's a good cleanser, if it doesn't, then not so much. Which Purity, it always comes out white :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's an awesome idea for a test! I also use their Purity facial wipes as well and have nothing but good things to say :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually use liquids. For the face I use roc multi action make up remover milk (removes make up and tonifies all in one) and for the eyes I use one from maybelline that I love which is biphasic and removes everything really weel. When I'm in a hurry I use a cleansing gel from nivea that removes all makeup surprisingly well but dries my skin a little and that's why I don't use it all the time. 

I don't usually buy towelettes since they're far more expensive and they're not very good to the environment. 

right now i'm using Philosphy Remove Me for the eye makeup, an LA Fresh makeup remover wipe and then Purity.  I wear a lot of makeup.

Originally Posted by Evlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always use vaseline. Its very good makeup remover, try it.
Woah I definitely have a tub of that. I've been using coconut oil and a paper towel and loving it. I am/was a towelette girl but I'm doing makeout 2013/use it up/ project pan so no more towelettes for me.

Originally Posted by itscherylanne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woah I definitely have a tub of that. I've been using coconut oil and a paper towel and loving it. I am/was a towelette girl but I'm doing makeout 2013/use it up/ project pan so no more towelettes for me.

Oooo! I'll have to try the Coconut oil! Its great for everything isn't it?

Currently I'm using towelettes, then my clarisonic with Purity.

Originally Posted by itscherylanne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should try the coconut oil, I have been using towelettes, but don't think I can find Neutrogena in Costa Rica, which is really sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love it for my eye make up remover (non oily) and for my makeup removing towelettes, but if coconut oil does it, I have a huge bottle that is not being used!

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I would be doing if I hadn't left my Purity at the bf's house in NY :'( I miss my Purity!!!!

I use purity for my face to remove bb cream, but it is not enough for stila smudge sticks. Those things do *not* like to budge without a solid dose of oil, and purity just doesn't have enough. I had been using Vaseline to remove my eye goop, but then I received some LA Fresh lavender wipes in two different boxes, so I used those until I ran out, and then I received Lancôme Bi-Facil from Birchbox one month and MAKE dual-phase remover the next -- and two bottles of each in two different subs, so I have four little bottles of these. I love the Lancôme, so I'm using the MAKE first so I'm done with it. After I use the stuff from subs up, I'll be going back to Vaseline since I have it, or I might switch to cold cream. I like the Lancôme well enough to use up the samples but not well enough to buy more. Then again, it's entirely possible that I will get more makeup remover in subs to just keep using them, just like all of the hair oils/serums I have stockpiled!

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I've been using coconut oil for hair treatment as well! The only downside (maybe not) is that I smell like an Almond Joy by the end of it and feel the urge to eat a ton of chocolate. lol

I miss my clarisonic so much. I had it for 5 years and it stopped recharging. May it rest in peace. :p

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should try the coconut oil, I have been using towelettes, but don't think I can find Neutrogena in Costa Rica, which is really sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love it for my eye make up remover (non oily) and for my makeup removing towelettes, but if coconut oil does it, I have a huge bottle that is not being used!
I use coconut oil for removing most of my eye makeup. I have to use a bit more (like enough to coat my lashes) to remove my waterproof mascara. I feel like if I let it sit longer, it breaks down the makeup better. I'm so impatient so I just use more instead of waiting. :p

Latest posts

Back