Make Ups for beginner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am just new here and I really want to know your insights about where to begin on Make up? Also I tried reading articles about Make up and I still lack of something. Thanks

Hello! Makeup industry is a gigantic world. If you’re new to it, I’ll suggest you to first invest in some good drugstore products. Maybelline, Loreal Paris, Sugar Cosmetics, Smashbox, NYX are some good brands. When you’re experimenting, it’s better you start with something that is not very costly rather buying high end products that you don’t even know will work for you or not.

Hey it’s Alexus! I’m also a beginner/intermediate mua (self-taught) and I’m still trying to maneuver my way through. But I completely agree with the above, start with drug store make up and learn your skin type!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're new to makeup, I recommend beginning gently by introducing 1 to 2 fundamental makeup basics at a time. For instance, you may begin with concealer and foundation. Then you could incorporate mascara and primer into your routine. Finally, lip and blush products.

Latest posts

Back