Make your eyes POP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this to help a fellow MuTer in another thread but I thought it would be a good idea to post it in a seperate thread. I'd also like to add for the Browneyed beauties, that because your eye color is considered a "tertiary" color (meaning that the two colors used to make it are not Primary colors) so many colors will work for you. Blue is great because orange and purple make brown. Orange is opposite of Blue. Maybe this is why janelle and Trisha always look so stunning with those blue eyeshadows? Oh well, it's just something to think about.

This is a great topic. I am going to post my colorwheel from school. This explains why and which colors compliment eachother.

Your Mom's eyes will look excellent in purples,mauves and plums. If you look at the color wheel, all the colors that are opposites of eachother are complimentary colors.

This is why everything at Christmas and Easter is always so pretty. Easter is purple and yellow.Christmas is red and Green.Or think about the prettiest sunsets you've ever seen....how beautifully bright and blue that sky looks with the orange Sun setting.

Green is opposite red. How do you make Purple?

Red + Blue= Purple.

The Red in Purple is opposite of her green eyes.

Of course, This is just a helpful guideline and nothing is set in stone. I use many colors on many different eye colors and lots of colors make green eyes look beautiful. Afterall, it's not hard to make green eyes look beautiful. My bestfriend has the greenest eyes and I love to put many colors on her but Purples/Plums look the best in my opinion.

The colorwheel theory usually works. For example, I think my blue eyes stand out best when I use any colors with orangy tones to them especially copper colors or browns with copper shimmer. I always loved these colors on my eyes, even before I went to Beautyschool and found out why. Now I know exactly why that is.

Take a look at the Color wheel, you'll see what I mean.

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail -->https://forum.makeuptalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&stc=1&thumb=1 <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail -->

</FIELDSET>

thanks for posting this. the pic is kinda small though, is there any way you could make it bigger? I have seen one of these things before and it does make sense, for me it´s still a matter of trial and error, and e/s finishes make a difference for me too.

Oh, I am sorry it came out so tiny. It is a bigger size if you look in the thread colors for green eyes. Trisha posted two better versions of the color wheel there as well. Your eyes are brown, right? Well, many colors could work to bring out your eyes, it's just a matter of which ones you like best. Personal preference is always the deciding factor.

This is very helpful! Thanks for posting.. it gives me an idea of what kind color works on me!
claps.gif
claps.gif

Your welcome hon!

BTW-Do check out that other Thread, I think it's called what color eyeshadows for green eyes (or something like that) We have a huge deiscussion going on there about this same thing.

I'v never been real god with makup ..best I have ever done with my blue eyes was a slight red shadow or a slight blue shadow...if I make the colors dqark it just dosn't look good..

Latest posts

Back