makeup 4 thee acne prone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i wanna know what the best makeup is to wear if you have acne prone skin. i use studio fix and it doesnt give me alot of problems but i still have a couple. what is the best? u see, i love how studio fix looks (cept at the end of the day) but not "danger for acne prone skin" logo on it. let me know what looks good & is good for the skin.

i should say that i like powder foundations. just because they are quick and easy [in the am] and you don't feel like you have painted ur face. basically...i like "light" feeling makeup. i'd use a cream or liquid as long as it is like and breathable and it looks gooood and natural.
icon_wink.gif
choo know? lol.

Have you tried any of the mineral foundations yet? I think you mentioned it before...

i have BE and jane iredale. i don't like the BE cuz it doesn't sit right... the jane iredale is better... but the only thing i don't like about them is the sparkly tinge they have. i feel like it makes me look shiny and i just like the plain color (like studiofix). it might just all be in my head and i prolly look normal. lol. i just dont like looking oily & i think that's what i makes me look like? i will try wearing jane iredale from now on just cuz i am trying to ditch studiofix (which is hard) and jane iredale is good for u.

Originally Posted by Trisha I am oily and acne prone and on days when i cant be bothered wearing/applying a liquid fndt, i wear Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and this is enough coverage for me. If i have any particularly bad spots/scars i just use concealer on them xx if i'm a C3 in mac studio fix would i be... 40 watts? or 50 maybe...

I have lots of info about acne in my notepad, click the link in my signature .... there's a lot you can do to improve acne besides just switching mu (though that can help a lot!)

You'll have the best luck if you buy a foundation (and concealor and powder, if you use them) that is labeled non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic because they will be least likely to clog your pores. Products labeled only oil-free will not have oils but may have other greasy pore-clogging ingredients. However you may still have to try several products to find what works best for your skin -- the FDA has no official definition for non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic so *technically* a company can give any product those labels. Plus what clogs one person's pores may not necessarily affect another person.

I've never tried powder foundations, but I do know that loose powders are better than pressed powders for oily or acne-prone skin. My dermatologist told me to never use pressed powers, because pressed powders contain oils to press them into the compact. In fact, my dermatologist told me to only wear Prescriptives brand foundation, concealor, and powder since he insisted that was the only brand that was truly non-comedogenic. However lately I've been wearing drugstore mu that seems to work just as well for my skin. (L'Oreal Mattique Foundation, CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder - awesome for preventing shine, and several concealors that I haven't been happy with
frown.gif
)

Hope that helps!

so it is safe for acne prone obviously. does it last pretty good? and look natural? i am GOING to find a substitute for mac!! i hear so many bad things about how it clogs pores and is bad for the skin. ( i have very small acne problem but nontheless still have some) stila isn't exactly like mac is it? i really want a sample.

Latest posts

Back