MAKEUP ARTIST TIPS – LIPS & CHEEKS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MAKEUP ARTIST TIPS – LIPS & CHEEKS

• <LI type=circle color="#ff6ec7">Have a too blue based lipstick? Mix a dot of yellow concealer into your lipstick, or apply a yellow-based loose powder on clean lips, and apply lipstick on top. There will be just enough warmth in the product to take the edge off a too cool/blue shade.

<LI type=circle>Want to update your lipsticks to the new cool blue based tones? Apply a navy blue eye pencil, or eye shadow on lips and apply your lipstick on top....just a little will do and you'll have a new shade. A soft, brown eye shadow applied on lips first will darken any too light shade.

<LI type=circle>Make your own deep lipstick color by mixing blue eye shadow and red blush on your lips. Apply a lip balm on top and you're set. The most fun part is that every time you try this, you can experiment and get a different version every time.

<LI type=circle>Use your shimmer highlighter sticks from spring/summer to highlight lipsticks. Apply on a clean mouth first, and then your dull lipstick on top. An instant frosted shade.

<LI type=circle>The color of the moment is the 'bitten' lip look. Just take your rosy blush and apply dry on lips. Apply your Vitamin E stick, or gloss on top with a lip blush. Gel cheek colors work great for this too.

<LI type=circle>A quick dusting of shimmering body powder or an iridescent eye shadow over the high points of the face, (cheekbones, chin, top of nose, eyelids, across forehead..) a quick day to night look.

<LI type=circle>A model told me this trick! She runs a Gold Shimmer stick through her blonde hair! Instant shimmer and highlights, especially around the face....

<LI type=circle>Use a Concealer Pencil on your lips first, fill in, and then apply an old, dark lipstick. The concealer pencil lightens up the lipstick by about 3-4 shades....

<LI type=circle>A warm brick eyeshadow is the perfect all over color for lips, cheeks, eyes and a little lip gloss on top and you're off!

<LI type=circle>Find a blush brush that perfectly fits the size of the apple of your cheek when you smile. Anything bigger than that and you'll get blush where you don't want it. You really don't need a huge blush brush for color, those are meant for shimmery powders.........

<LI type=circle>Pick up your blush by lightly tapping the blush with the tips of the bristles. If you are sweeping the brush across the color, you'll pick up about 10 x more color than you need, and you waste a lot of product. Just tap the ends of the bristles about 2-3 times onto the color. Shake off any excess. You should barely be able to see the color on the brush. Don't worry, you do have enough on!

<LI type=circle>When applying blush, don't "sweep" or "stroke" the color across the cheeks. You'll usually end up streaking the color on, and then having to go back to 'correct' and 'blend'. Instead, smile, and tap on gently going across your cheeks. By tapping the color onto the brush, and then tapping in onto the cheeks........ you'll avoid excess color, streaking and more. Tapping on blends the color for you and you can always add more if you want.

<LI type=circle>Always swipe your blush brush across a Kleenex to clean off any excess, or pick up your powder brush (with no extra powder on) and sweep over and blend your blush into your skin. You'll get a softer, more 'real' look to your blush.

OOPS! Okay, you look like a clown, wrong color, too much........now what? Easy! With a clean dry beauty sponge, pick up a light layer of loose powder and 'erase' as much off as possible. Too bright or too dark? Take a slightly dampened sponge and clean off as much as you can. The water will pick upand 'dilute' the color.........it just may be enough to fix it and look ok! "Blush!"--Article by: Elke Von Freudenberg

Your welcome
smile.gif
I'm glad you enjoy it. I love these unique tips that each individual artist gives.

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks for posting Diane!! x
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Great Article Diane...Love your all article....Thanks
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Diane Your welcome
smile.gif
I'm glad you enjoy it. I love these unique tips that each individual artist gives.

Aww, an article Elke! She's a great make-up artist here in LA & a real sweet person.
smile.gif

thanks for sharing such great tips!!! very good ideas in that article i will try
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Diane
  • <LI type=circle>Pick up your blush by lightly tapping the blush with the tips of the bristles. If you are sweeping the brush across the color, you'll pick up about 10 x more color than you need, and you waste a lot of product. Just tap the ends of the bristles about 2-3 times onto the color. Shake off any excess. You should barely be able to see the color on the brush. Don't worry, you do have enough on!
  • When applying blush, don't "sweep" or "stroke" the color across the cheeks. You'll usually end up streaking the color on, and then having to go back to 'correct' and 'blend'. Instead, smile, and tap on gently going across your cheeks. By tapping the color onto the brush, and then tapping in onto the cheeks........ you'll avoid excess color, streaking and more. Tapping on blends the color for you and you can always add more if you want.
I love these 2 tips.. I never realised that by sweeping the brush across your blush you pick up 10 times more than you would if you just tapped it on. Thanks for posting it Diane
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back