Makeup Artist's Choice Brand

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Green Tea Non-Soap Bar from Makeup Artist's Choice? I just ordered some and have used it three times and my face is killing me. It is red, warm, itchy and tight. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Originally Posted by Lorrine24

Has anyone tried the Green Tea Non-Soap Bar from Makeup Artist's Choice? I just ordered some and have used it three times and my face is killing me. It is red, warm, itchy and tight. Anyone else had a similar experience?

I just popped in to Welcome you to makeuptalk!

Welcome to MUT. I have never heard of that brand but I am sure that one of our MUT users will be able to help you.

i've never heard of that brand either. but i just wanted to welcome you to mut! i'm liz from california.
biggrin.gif

Haven't heard of them either, but I love Green Tea! *anything!* So I'm sure it can't be all that bad..
wink.gif

Anyway - I'm Janelle from NY, big Welcome to MuT!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

200banner1.jpg

Welcome! there is only one thing I tried from them and that's the 30% Glycolic Peel. That definitely works!

Oh wait, there is something else I tried from there too. I tried a yellow loose powder from them, supposedly a knock off of T. LeClerc powder. It was super cheap too but it's not discontinued. They have other powders now but it's much more expensive
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 Has anyone tried the Green Tea Non-Soap Bar from Makeup Artist's Choice? I just ordered some and have used it three times and my face is killing me. It is red, warm, itchy and tight. Anyone else had a similar experience? I've used it a couple of times but with no problems. I got the little sample bars when ordering my peels from her. Hopefully it will get better. you might want to email Kathleen and ask her for a ingredients list, it may be something like a filler in the soap to make it hard that you are allergic to!

I think my problem was that I had been using a salicylic acid scrub and an alpha hydroxy serum at night and it was too much acid and my skin was going nuts. I talked to the girls at Makeup Artist's Choice and they said using those two products is way way too much acid for the skin. They recommend I try the Aveeno soap-free cleanser and lotion for now until my skin rejuvinates (30-45 days). I also got a sampling of lactic acid peels from Makeup Artist's Choice and have used it twice even though I should be waiting the 30-45 days but my face has been so rough-feeling. It makes my face feel smooth. I am new to peels so they suggested I try the lactic acid ones. Any one else try these? I have acne, not severe, but it is still there. Anyone, have any luck using their products to combat acne? The peels are suppose to be really good but I don't know if I am brave enough to do a TCA peel which requires downtime. Any comments? Oh, and I just ordered some of their antishine product because my face is so oily it is disgusting. I have some of their oil absorbing sheets but I need to use around 3 a day. Arg! BTW- my hair is flat due to the humidity!!! When it rains, it pours!
icon_sad.gif

Naturally: I have started with the lactic acid peel which was recommended. Sometimes knowing which strength to use for all the different peels is confusing. Do you have irritation when you use the glycolic peels? My skin is quite sensitive and I do have a little bit of irritation with the lactic acid peel but I think that may be do to my prior use of the salicilyc acid and glycolic acid that they told me to stop using. Right now I am trying to get my face back to normal...whatever that is. What is the Microdermabrasion and Arbonne RE9 products you use?

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 Has anyone tried the Green Tea Non-Soap Bar from Makeup Artist's Choice? I just ordered some and have used it three times and my face is killing me. It is red, warm, itchy and tight. Anyone else had a similar experience?
hi Lorrine,just wanted to welcome you to mut,Gwendolyn from ny
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back