Makeup at Target

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw a few things at Target today that I thought might be of interest to some of you. I didn't buy these things but I would if I needed them.

1. NYC has a brow wax/powder kit for under $4 in blonde and brunette shades.

2. NYC also has a bronze line that includes a push-up bronze blush.

3. L'Oreal has new loose powder eyeshadows called Illuminance or something like that. Colors include white, neutrals, pink, blue, gold, and a sea green.

4. L'Oreal also has new shades of their TruBlend blushes (or TruMatch or whatever it's called).

5. Almay has Nearly Naked bronzers as well as a pressed powder bronzer. The pressed powder ones looked pretty nice, IMO.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks for the heads up Nikki! I picked up one of the L-Oreal loose powder shadows in a lilac color at a CVS theother day. I haven't used it yet.

Originally Posted by LindaA I picked up one of the L-Oreal loose powder shadows in a lilac color at a CVS theother day. I haven't used it yet. I left out the lilac...yeah, I did see the lilac too.

Keep your eyes out for Klex makeup at target
wink.gif
Got it on good authority its gonna be good!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I saw a few things at Target today that I thought might be of interest to some of you. I didn't buy these things but I would if I needed them.

3. L'Oreal has new loose powder eyeshadows called Illuminance or something like that. Colors include white, neutrals, pink, blue, gold, and a sea green.

4. L'Oreal also has new shades of their TruBlend blushes (or TruMatch or whatever it's called).

5. Almay has Nearly Naked bronzers as well as a pressed powder bronzer. The pressed powder ones looked pretty nice, IMO.

The loreal loose powder eyeshadow looks great in the tube but it dosent wear well at all,and it creases
icon_sad.gif
Too bad cause the colors look really nice ,i had gotten the blue one.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I saw a few things at Target today that I thought might be of interest to some of you. I didn't buy these things but I would if I needed them.

I tried the NYC brow kits and they are gross. The wax is really goopy and the powder was chunky. Benebaby has it too and we were screaming in the car at how weird it was.

The NYC bronze line is AWESOME. I have the Bronzing Mist powder and I think it's worth way more than the price. It's the best.

Originally Posted by KMEFH Keep your eyes out for Klex makeup at target
wink.gif
Got it on good authority its gonna be good! Ohhhhhhhhhh boy! I can't wait!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 The loreal loose powder eyeshadow looks great in the tube but it dosent wear well at all,and it creases
icon_sad.gif
Too bad cause the colors look really nice ,i had gotten the blue one. Ah well, they did look really cute.

Originally Posted by Scarlette I tried the NYC brow kits and they are gross. The wax is really goopy and the powder was chunky. Benebaby has it too and we were screaming in the car at how weird it was.
The NYC bronze line is AWESOME. I have the Bronzing Mist powder and I think it's worth way more than the price. It's the best.

Thanks, I def won't try the brow crap.

i went to target last night and they had the covergirl eye palettes and all the individual eye pans to Put in them they had about 15 colors neutrals and colors about 3.70 a piece

Originally Posted by KMEFH Keep your eyes out for Klex makeup at target
wink.gif
Got it on good authority its gonna be good! Klex? i'm not familiar with this. googled and didn't find anything on it.
do tell...!

Originally Posted by karrie ann Klex? i'm not familiar with this. googled and didn't find anything on it.
do tell...!

I couldn't find anything on it either. I got all excited and wanted a preview but it wasn't meant to be!

I definitely love the NYC Browser Kit! I used up the wax part a long time ago, and now I'm using the brow powder and Maybelline Brow Gel to set it. I've only used about half the pan so unless something changes, it'll be awhile before I run out. I would definitely repurchase the NYC since I liked it so much, but I think I'm going to try LORAC Brow Wax next since I like the idea of the color and powder together.

I've also got 3 shades of the L'oreal Illumination e/s in Twilight, Beam, and Limelight. Twilight is a light golden purple shade, reminiscent of OTL in Beauty Queen except it's not quite as purple and doesn't have as much golden shimmer. Beam is a pretty neutral taupe, and it sort of reminds me of Stila Wheat. Limelight is a light golden green, and it's my least fave of the bunch. I find these last well with a base, but I wouldn't run out searching for these if you can't find them. They're all right, but I can't say I'd purchase again.

From what i know, Klex should be out in sept.-ish, it is already (and only i think) out in Japan.
wink.gif

I was at Target again yesterday and I saw the NEW MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE MOUSSE BLUSHES! I didn't have time to pick one out but I will MOST DEFINITELY be trying these!

I got the new Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Whipped Strawberries and Soft Plum. Can't wait to try it out. Target also had a bunch of makeup "bonus" packages including:

Neutrogena -- lip tint w/ bonus shimmer sheer for cheeks/eyes

Maybelline -- Dream Matte Mousse foundation w/ bonus skin shimmer

Maybelline -- mascara w/ bonus eyelash curler

Neutrogena -- lip gloss w/ bonus nail enhancer

Cover Girl -- wet slicks w/ bonus of same color

I went Targeting this week and picked up the NYC Browser Kit and I actually like it too... I've spent so much time fussing about my eyebrows that it's a relief to actually have something that's less harsh than a pencil to define them and fill them in ...
claps.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I definitely love the NYC Browser Kit! I used up the wax part a long time ago, and now I'm using the brow powder and Maybelline Brow Gel to set it. I've only used about half the pan so unless something changes, it'll be awhile before I run out. I would definitely repurchase the NYC since I liked it so much, but I think I'm going to try LORAC Brow Wax next since I like the idea of the color and powder together.
I've also got 3 shades of the L'oreal Illumination e/s in Twilight, Beam, and Limelight. Twilight is a light golden purple shade, reminiscent of OTL in Beauty Queen except it's not quite as purple and doesn't have as much golden shimmer. Beam is a pretty neutral taupe, and it sort of reminds me of Stila Wheat. Limelight is a light golden green, and it's my least fave of the bunch. I find these last well with a base, but I wouldn't run out searching for these if you can't find them. They're all right, but I can't say I'd purchase again.

Latest posts

Back