Makeup books

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good makeup book b/c I collect them ( I already have K. Aucoin, Nars, S. Kashuk and Trish McEvoy), any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your welcome!

I do love that stuff, I bought some of those books on Ebay

how about bobbi brown's books? she has about 3. her are more reading, though, whereas the ones you listed are tutorials. i swapped her books away. i got bored with them. i also swapped kevyn aucoin's "making faces". it's a great book, but i don't know.

welcome to MUT, by the way
smile.gif

Oh, Bobbi Brown... great idea, I have to find them!!!

Do you also know any m/u dvd?

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Oh, Bobbi Brown... great idea, I have to find them!!!
Do you also know any m/u dvd?

i know sonia kashuk has one that comes with her book and i believe alexis vogel has DVD(s).

Yep, I have SK's one and it's great!

I'll be looking for Alexis Vogel's dvds on Ebay, thanks!

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Yep, I have SK's one and it's great!

you're welcome!
i think i'm gonna get SK's. i like her book!

Originally Posted by Mirtilla I'm looking for a good makeup book b/c I collect them ( I already have K. Aucoin, Nars, S. Kashuk and Trish McEvoy), any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Mirtilla! I started a thread a while back on the same topic (I love makeup related books!!). Click HERE!

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Yep, I have SK's one and it's great!

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Mirtilla! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you~ ! I see you're from Italy... I'm Jealous!!!
icon_eek.gif
I've always wanted to go there!
I have the K. Aucoin "Making Faces" book - although I have yet to try anything from it
icon_redface.gif

I also got the Alexis Vogel DVD on ebay - it's ok.. I mean I think I was expecting more. I figured I could just use her tips and apply it to the makeup I already have... she does a lot of things showing how to use HER stuff... and most of her tips were pretty common things we do already.
redface.gif
Like in the hair section... she only shows one "full & sexy " look... and then says to straighten your hair & use a curling iron. I already figured that... I was waiting for some big secret tips!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
and the MU tips are good - but nothing really surprising or new.
redface.gif

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl I saw the Alexis tutorial too (tried the make-up - junk!
icon_mad.gif
lol), and agree that it didn't help me with anything. The make-up look itself was a lot...But maybe it could help someone who absolutely doesn't know anything about make-up? lol
smile.gif
yeah - I agree... I think the only thing I tried a few times was her "shadow shammy" technique - except I used a folded Kleenex - & it worked out the same as hers
icon_cheesygrin.gif

23_29_100i.gif
and welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks a lot for your advice. At the moment, my favourite books are "Making faces" by K. Aucoin and "Real beauty" by S. Kashuk (also because her dvd is super). Nars book is ok but you have to use ONLY HIS products to reproduce his make-up and, in Italy, they aren't available
icon_evil.gif
. However, my only wast of money was the Mac bible cd rom

P.s. yes, I'm from Milan (northern Italy). I've never been to NY but I visited California for a month some years ago (maybe too many years ago
icon_sad.gif
)

I'm getting the Instyle guide to getting gorgeous so I'll let you know how that works out when it gets here.

Latest posts

Back