Makeup books?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Cherry89 I have Iman Book, The beauty of color.
dito.gif

Originally Posted by foxyqt Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin
smile.gif
Amen. I have that also, and find it really good. I havent read everything yet because its pretty big but have found it has alot of useful tips.

Originally Posted by mmonroemaniac so i was looking on ebay for makeup books, im not sure which are any good so i thought i would ask you guys if you have any makeup books and which you think are best...
smile.gif
Would this just be for making up yourself? Try any of Kevyn Aucoin's books; Eve Pearl's Plastic Surgery Without the Surgery: The Miracle of Makeup Techniques; Iman's "Color or Beauty"; Francois Nars' 'Makeup Your Mind". There are so many more.

I want to get the Vogue book and maybe Kevin Aucoin. I have bobby browns beauty and the book by sonia kashuk.

I have two of Kevyn Aucoin's books and they are wonderful. I have Face Forward and Making Faces. I have to admit, when I bought them, I bought them because I loved the photography, but after reading them I love them because of the great tips and techniques. And I love his personality, too.

I don't have any *eek* My sister has Iman's book though, and she swears by it! She's also the same girl who has NEVER worn foundation in her life, or concealer, and doesn't wear more than lipgloss and mascara!

Originally Posted by SmokyEyez Two words:
KEVIN AUCOIN

Truly the best books are by him.

...sE

I heard that this is the absolute BEST!

i like "Makeup for Asian Women" by Jacelyn Tay. Most books do not teach how to apply makeup on Asians to bring out their features. I like this one because it's all about defining Asian features. I couldn't buy this anywhere buy on amazon.com though.

I've read kevin aucoin's and bobbi brown's books and they are really great. Lots of practical tips for everybody especially bobbi's. I also recommend iman's book. I think it's called women of color or something. I've also read instyle's book on make-up and it's quite good because it shows how the make-up was used on hollywood stars.

Well there is this really good one by this lady, im trying to remember her name...um...Paula? She wrote this book that has all the popular brands and the pros and cons of each one. It's very informative. Oh yes, and then you can never forget the MAC bible!

just got bobbi browns beauty revolution it bored me to tears. there is hardly any "how to".

i would recommend the book by sonia kashuk - it comes with a DVD and its very good, has lots of instructions and tips.

Originally Posted by sadhunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif i like "Makeup for Asian Women" by Jacelyn Tay. Most books do not teach how to apply makeup on Asians to bring out their features. I like this one because it's all about defining Asian features. I couldn't buy this anywhere buy on amazon.com though. I wanted to buy it too, but I've just ordered another makeup book written by a Japanese makeup artist who'd worked with shiseido.

Thanks for all the book ideas. I have put in my requests at the library. My husband is going to give me that look when he picks them up for me! Can't wait for that day, I love to read.

The Complete Make-Up Artist by Penny Delmar(not 100% certain of spelling) is a really comprehensive book on all aspects of make-up artistry, from beauty through to film.

Back