Makeup books?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any book that you found more helpful when learning about applying makeup on other people, and general makeup artist knowledge?

I'm looking to get better at applying makeup on other people because it is always useful in the career I'm in. It would be an awesome resume add-on for me, and I really enjoy the artistic side of makeup. I would love to gain knowledge about working with different skin types, and the best colors to use. After looking on Amazon the most interesting and in depth book looks to be The Technique of the Professional Make-Up Artist by Vincent Kehoe, but before I spend the $60 on it I would like to know if there are any others I should be purchasing before that.

I too am looking for a good basic instruction book. I've read lots of magazine articles and done reading online about techniques; but I want to learn about contouring, highlighting, and ways to change my face while still looking like ME. I've thought about the Sonia Kashuk book or the Carmindy book; I'm thinking the Kevyn Aucoin books are too advanced for me because I don't really want to do dramatic eye looks or things like that. But I haven't even browsed any of these books, I'm just going on what people have said here about what the books focus on. Any feedback?

Back