Makeup Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well ladies i need some help.. i just bought and received a set of 18 makeup brushes from ebay and to be honest.. i dont really know what to do with them. I mean i have an idea but theres a few (like the fan brush?!) that i really couldnt tell ya. Could anyone tell me, or know any links that explain them? thank you!

What you can do is go to www.maccosmetics.com and check out their brushes, see if any you have are the same, and see what THEY use them for.

I use my fan brush to put a little glittery highlight powder on the tops of my cheeks...

ok, left to right:

-brow brush/comb

-mascara wand

-looks like a sponge applicator..? is it? if it is, it helps apply more a mount of color

-angled liner brush. i like angled liners to line my eyes. easier, and faster since it applies to more surface area.

-fine point liner. good for lining when using a cream/gel based liners

-looks like it could be a lip brush, or a bigger eye liner brush, can't tell.

-fan brush. good for dusting stuff on your face or dusting stuff OFF of your face

-small fluffy brush.

-medium fluffy brush

-large fluffy brush.

you can use either one of those to use a wash of a color. a wash is when you apply a color all over your eye lid.

the small can be used in the crease/outer v area to apply color more densely.

the medium can be used in the crease outer v

the medium and large fluffy ones you can use to help blend it out.

-small powder/blush brush

-large powder brush for powder foundations

hope that helps!

Wow, the brushes look so nice & professional
icon_cheesygrin.gif
...Would sure like to own one of these sets but they are WAAY out of my budget at this moment.

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Wow, the brushes look so nice & professional
icon_cheesygrin.gif
...Would sure like to own one of these sets but they are WAAY out of my budget at this moment. no no! i bought them off eBay from Hong Kong for $15!!!!i got them in 4 days! They're made of goat hair/synthetic fibers depending on the brush. I used them this morning and i LOVE them.

They're by Jordana.. anyone heard of it?

Originally Posted by lovelustlost no no! i bought them off eBay from Hong Kong for $15!!!!i got them in 4 days! They're made of goat hair/synthetic fibers depending on the brush. I used them this morning and i LOVE them.

oh, yeah! i didn't know jordana made brushes.
enjoy them!

great info, liz. very helpful
smile.gif

I have heard of Jordana! They make eyeliners and lip pencils, you can usually find them in a Walgreens... I had no clue they made brushes...

Let us know how they are over the long run! i.e. if any bristles fall out or they get messed up easily!

Originally Posted by lovelustlost no no! i bought them off eBay from Hong Kong for $15!!!!i got them in 4 days! They're made of goat hair/synthetic fibers depending on the brush. I used them this morning and i LOVE them

Hmm, u're tempting me to buy a set. But its too bad that I do not have a credit card or I might just rush out to get it !

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I have heard of Jordana! They make eyeliners and lip pencils,I had no clue they made brushes... Same here.

Originally Posted by lovelustlost no no! i bought them off eBay from Hong Kong for $15!!!!i got them in 4 days! They're made of goat hair/synthetic fibers depending on the brush. I used them this morning and i LOVE them.

I just got some of these!! I can't wait to use them!! Great deal, huh?

I need some really good brushes! I will be on the hunt for these and let us know how they work out for you.

Wow those look gorgeouos and like a perfect set! Is there more sets just like that for sale? Could you tell me where?

Thanks a bunch and enjoy your brushes
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back