Makeup for Photoshoot...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that I have started doing a little bit of modeling I need to change my face makeup for shoots. I don't typically wear foundation, but in pics it looks better. In my last shoot I wore the MAC SFF and it looked really shiny on camera. So now I am on the search for a matte foundation that will make my dry skin look perfect and non-shiny on camera. I won't wear powder or minerals. Any suggestions??

PS...I have tried and own these. Prescriptives Flawless Skin, Chanel, Diorskin, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Benefit PLaysticks and Non-Fiction, LORAC, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier.

The MUA used Lancome Teint Idole Ultra on me for my wedding, with MAC studio fix powder on top, and the result was fab... I recommend it.

Also, have you tried MUFE Velvet Mat?

I can't stand Lancome or powder. I have tried MUFE Mat Velvet...meh. Kinda looked to dry. The thing is I need something that looks matte, but feels moisturizing. I have very dry skin, so oil control is out.

If you think powders are too drying, and foundations are too oily..maybe you should use a moisturizer for dry skin and powders. Using a good moisturizer might help.

I use colorstay foundation from revlon , the one for oily skin but they have one for dry as well. Ends up matte on me when i use neutrogena powder :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Dunno if the spf in it would make your face pale, I heard that some do that. Hope this helps at all? lol

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't stand Lancome or powder. I have tried MUFE Mat Velvet...meh. Kinda looked to dry. The thing is I need something that looks matte, but feels moisturizing. I have very dry skin, so oil control is out. Ahhhh I just had another idea... I ordered some samples from Face Atelier Ultra foundation... The foundation has silicone and has a very dewy finish, without looking oily. The coverage can be heavy so use a light hand. Order some samples and see how you like it!

Originally Posted by Bellagigi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever tried the RCMA color process foundations? They give a really pretty coverage without powder. It's buildable too. I would recommend using a moisturizer under them though. Here's a link.
RCMA - Color Process Foundation

Originally Posted by Rubiez /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you think powders are too drying, and foundations are too oily..maybe you should use a moisturizer for dry skin and powders. Using a good moisturizer might help. Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ahhhh I just had another idea... I ordered some samples from Face Atelier Ultra foundation... The foundation has silicone and has a very dewy finish, without looking oily. The coverage can be heavy so use a light hand. Order some samples and see how you like it! Bella- I think I will look into RCMA. Looks like it would be good for shoots.
Rubiez- I have a wonderful moisturizer. I can't stand the feeling of powder on my skin. I look in the mirror and see little specks of powder...ewww.

Thais- Yeah...I think I will try Face Atelier too. I heard wonferful things about their foundation.

Benebaby: When I used the RCMA on clients with drier skin I used a moisturizer and then one of those huge velour puffs after applying the foundation. I just sort of patted it on top of the foundation moving my hand in a small half circular motion. It would take the dewy-ness out of it and made a matte finish
smile.gif

Thanks Bellagigi....I checked out some reviews and overall people who work with lights or onstage really like it. I think I will end up getting it!!

I also purchased a small size of the Graftobian Hi-Def Foundation. I think it would be good to have as well.

How about Smashbox's high definition foundation? it didn't work well for me because i have combination skin but it would probably work well for you.

For shoots where I have to do my own makeup, I always use Maybelline dream matte mousse. This is the only product I would ever use from drugstores, I usually only use lancome or mac. Matte is definately the way to go, since shine is never good and photographers usually just end up photoshoping it out. Here is a pic of me wearing the maybeline foundation. the pic is a little edited but it gives the same airbrushed-flawless look:

80wzuvp.jpg

Thank you - that does look matte, and if it's Maybelline, I'm trusting it won't break the bank.

I use mineral foundation day-to-day, but it just plain doesn't work for photographs because the micas are too refractive (you don't wanna know if you've never tried). I used to like Lancome, but I just need something for the occasional picture that I won't feel bad about throwing away when it's gone past its sell-by date, so to speak.

It looks really terrific on you!

maybe this might work, i use L'oreal true match foundation once i put it on i get a tissue to erase excess oil/shine then, i know you don't like powder but i don't think you will see this, i get a clean tissue and rub it into a translucent face powder blow of excess from the tissue and dab it on my face, combined with the tissue it absorbs shine and fixes the foundation giving the face a matte effect without looking dusty i use this tecinque a lot when i know i'm not going to be able to touch up my makeup cause it also makes the makeup stay on longer, or atleast for me it does :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

well, the make up should be noticeable, because when I took a shoot, my blush had gone
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif any luck on finding out what works for you? Bump! I know Manders is not around anymore, but does anyone else *know* what is good? Did any of the above suggestions work for anyone?

Latest posts

Back