Makeup for redness in the face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I suffer from redness in my face and cheeks that seems to come on when I go from extreme temperatures.

Is there any makeup that can cover this?

Any suggestions are welcomed

xxx

Look for a a face highlighter with green in it. The green will counteract the redness. For example, here is one from Physician's Formula.

200.jpg

Products with a yellow base will correct redness. Benefit makes a sheer dusting powder specifically for people with excessive redness. It's called Bluff Dust.

41GA75W8E4L._SS500_.jpg

Smashbox makes a Color Correcting primer in green that reduces redness, but it seems to be getting more rants than raves

so ive heard that yellow and green do the job (as you can see from the postings)

now is there one that works better or do they both do the same thing?

I got totally burnt in Vegas one year and i used smashbox photo finish green mixed in with my foundation and a dab of some highlighting liquid. worked wonders!

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif mineral makeup! Ditto. I was about to post that lol.

mineral makeup !!

you may also wanna try yellow or green powders.

i like to use Makeup Forever's green base, which is creamy, and covers well any redness (of course, you need to use a regular concealer over it or you'll look like Master Yoda !).

may i also suggest a cold cream or shea butter for your cheeks? they do wonders.

If I need to cover some red I do a thin layer of a creamy green concealer UNDER my mineral makeup, works perfectly. If I do it over my foundation like I do regular concealer then I find that you can see a little bit of the green, but If I do it under my foundation, being careful not to run it off when I put my foundation on then it does a great job of covering the red w/o seeing the green.

Thank you so much for all of your comments. They are very appreciated.

I tried mineral foundation before and this seemed to make me itchy.

I bought some Clinique superfit and so far this is helping.

I've been using Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Protecting lotion lately for my red face. It's a green moisturizer.

I use NYC green concealer. Then my foundation and a bit more green concealer and foundation lightly over that. Not caked on but so you dont see the green. Then I add loose powder. GOOD BUY REDNESS!

May I suggest you some skin care product that both heals and corrects redness? It`s Stendhal`s bio-rosis anti-redness creme. It should be applied morning and evening on the clean face, before putting your regular moisturizer and it also has a green substance which immiduately visually evens out your skin tone. But, most importantantly, it really helps in fighting with extra sensitivity/redness of your complexion.

Latest posts

Back