Makeup For Rosacea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I remember reading a post about makeup as it concerns rosacea and what kind of makeup is best.

Here is a great, recent article I found that suggests specific makeup. I hope this can help someone with rosacea or someone you know who has rosacea.

From Ladies' Home Journal

POWDER POWER

Q: I have rosacea, and many foundations irritate my skin. but I need something to cover the redness. Any ideas?

A: If you have the red bumps and flushed face of rosacea, your skin tends to be extra sensitive. Mineral makeup, a loose powder made from ultrafine minerals, contains no preservatives or perfumes that further irritate your skin. The minerals zinc and titanium dioxide also provide some natural sun protection (you should still wear sunscreen under your makeup). A few mineral makeup options:

1. bareMinerals Foundation by Bare Escentuals ($24) <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top><!-- product display --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=stdCopy11 align=right colSpan=8><!-- top pagination --></TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=stdCopy10>New!

i.d. bareMinerals Foundation - SPF 15 Sunscreen

<!-- If the product is on sale. --><!-- Current Price: -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>2. Youngblood Natural Mineral Foundation (14 shades/ $29/ea)

jar.jpg

3. NaturElle Ellegance Sheer Tone Foundation (no pic, call 800 442-3936)

For natural results, use a short-bristled brush that's tapered to allow for better coverage. Start at the outside of your cheekbones and work your way in, moving the brush in a circular motion.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For more info on this topic click here!

Originally Posted by Californian I remember reading a post about makeup as it concerns rosacea and what kind of makeup is best.
Here is a great, recent article I found that suggests specific makeup. I hope this can help someone with rosacea or someone you know who has rosacea.

From Ladies' Home Journal

POWDER POWER

Q: I have rosacea, and many foundations irritate my skin. but I need something to cover the redness. Any ideas?

A: If you have the red bumps and flushed face of rosacea, your skin tends to be extra sensitive. Mineral makeup, a loose powder made from ultrafine minerals, contains no preservatives or perfumes that further irritate your skin. The minerals zinc and titanium dioxide also provide some natural sun protection (you should still wear sunscreen under your makeup). A few mineral makeup options:

1. bareMinerals Foundation by Bare Escentuals ($24) <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top><!-- product display --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=stdCopy11 align=right colSpan=8><!-- top pagination --></TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=stdCopy10>New!

i.d. bareMinerals Foundation - SPF 15 Sunscreen

<!-- If the product is on sale. --><!-- Current Price: -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>2. Youngblood Natural Mineral Foundation (14 shades/ $29/ea)

jar.jpg

3. NaturElle Ellegance Sheer Tone Foundation (no pic, call 800 442-3936)

For natural results, use a short-bristled brush that's tapered to allow for better coverage. Start at the outside of your cheekbones and work your way in, moving the brush in a circular motion.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For more info on this topic click here!

I can't believe jane iredale isn't metioned..I think it's WAY better then BE

Originally Posted by allisong Thanks for humouring me Ry
wink.gif
Alison Rocks! She makes Coke fly out of my nose when I'm on the puter. Woah!
I need to return the favor soon.

LOL

Originally Posted by Californian Alison Rocks! She makes Coke fly out of my nose when I'm on the puter. Woah!
I need to return the favor soon.

LOL

It humbles me...To think little old me has caused Coke to fly threw your nostrils in fits of sniggles warms my cockles

thanks for the info

i have rosacea and ive tried many brands of makeup but my skin is extremely sensitive i ordered mineral makeup from aromaleigh and bare essentuals i hope they will work for me

EDM might be another good brand worth trying as many girls on here LOVE EDM over BE or other MMU brands.

Joppa Minerals is great for rosacea, in fact that's what it was originally made for. Check them out at joppaminerals.com

Prescriptives Foundation Flawless or Medium to full Coverage matte Foundation both be great.

So many journals, so many review, so many opinions. Unfortunate, we can't all use the same foundation. What is a miracle product for one person is a nightmare product for another.

Latest posts

Back