Makeup Forever HD No photoshop Casting Call Competition Rant!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok So Is anyone else here a huge fan of MUFE's photoshop free ads?

They are having a competition to become a model for one of their ads and the rules state that the photos must not be altered or photoshopped in ANY way or it will get you disqualified. you must also be wearing their HD foundation. Well the finalists pictures were posted up this morning and I have to say I'm really disappointed in MUFE.... Their makeup is pretty fantastic, but quite a few of the photos were OBVIOUSLY altered. I don't care that people are saying they "just blurred their skin", or "brightened their eyes"...thats still altering the pic. Also many are gloating that they submitted whatever photos they had that looked good whether or not they were even wearing the product. What do you guys think? 
madd.gif

For reference here is one of their ads:

Versus some of the questionable entries:

I guess I just feel bummed out for the girls who actually followed all of the rules. I'm really hoping before they select a winner they have the photograph certified as being authentic with no alterations same as their running ads. 

These are some of the girls I feel did an amazing job showcasing the products without resorting to computer alterations.

Isn't it ridiculous?! I know it can be hard to detect small things like pimple removal or red eye correction, but I mean come on....these women looks as bad as the cosmetic ads this campaign is supposed to be standing up against. 

lol I guess people just don't realize how obvious it is when something's photoshopped. you can tell when skin is blurred like 99% of the time. I love the elderly woman though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that would definitely be a fresh face for makeup ads.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol I guess people just don't realize how obvious it is when something's photoshopped. you can tell when skin is blurred like 99% of the time. I love the elderly woman though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that would definitely be a fresh face for makeup ads.

I know she is SERIOUSLY gorgeous!!!!!

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She is gorgeous. No idea how old she is but if she's over 50 then I'm jealous because look at her face. Very few lines and no wrinkles! *jealous*

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elderly? Maybe mature, but she's not exactly ready for a walker and afternoon naps lol.

true, mature would have been a better word but I didn't think of it at the time haha. but who knows! samuel l jackson is 63 and he doesn't look a day over 40 (except for when he shows his white hair)

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elderly? Maybe mature, but she's not exactly ready for a walker and afternoon naps lol.

That is ridiculous. I feel awful for the individuals that really followed the rules. Even more ironic, you would think MUFE would do a better job of choosing legitimate finalists to showcase how amazing their cosmetics really are. We see fake all the time, we don't need that.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is ridiculous. I feel awful for the individuals that really followed the rules. Even more ironic, you would think MUFE would do a better job of choosing legitimate finalists to showcase how amazing their cosmetics really are. We see fake all the time, we don't need that.
I know, I mean Its expected for people to try and break the rules, but I'm disappointed in them for not adhering to the contest rules and DQ'ing those women. 

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I know what you meant. I was just teasing. Couldn't resist. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has MUFE addressed the altered entries?

They are the ones who selected those photos as finalists so either they are ignorant to the fact that they are obviously photoshopped, or they arent following the rules they set for the competition.

Either way like I said I think before any winner is announced their photos should have to be verified as not altered same as the real MUFE ads had to be. 

Hopefully enough people will complain about it. A lot of companies won't do anything unless they get complaints when rules aren't followed. they just don;t want to deal with the hassle of weeding out the fakes. Is there anything our community can do about this or is this contest finished already? Maybe we could all sign an e-petition and send it along to MUFE?

As in MUT officially petitioning them to do something, no HOWEVER an e-petition that someone wants to start up and post here is fine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't understand why girls resort to photoshop to make themselves 'look better'. It's so sad. 

Well ya I didn't mean MUT officially, just members of the community. Maybe Amber should start it. I would start it but I don't know all the details or what the specific rules are or anything. I would sign it though.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I just feel bummed out for the girls who actually followed all of the rules. I'm really hoping before they select a winner they have the photograph certified as being authentic with no alterations same as their running ads. 

These are some of the girls I feel did an amazing job showcasing the products without resorting to computer alterations.

#4 is Incredible.  Love clean natural looks.  Too bad they're not popular.

Latest posts

Back