Makeup Geek Poolside & Saucebox Cosmetics teal from the Temptation palette: A comparison

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As you can see side-by-side these two are nearly identical and I found both to be 99% dupable for the other.​
 ​
Left swatch Makeup Geek's Poolside, right swatch Saucebox Cosmetics teal from Temptation​
Left pic indoor with flash, right pic natural light no flash

Over Glamour Doll Eyes Control Freak

​
Makeup Geek's Poolside
Weight: 1.8 g / 0.06 oz
Price: $5.99 pan only, $7.99 compact
 ​
Saucebox Cosmetics' Temptation palette
Weight: 5 g / 0.18 oz
Price: $26 whole palette only

Which do I like better? Both really and here's why.

In terms of quality applying it I don't see much of a difference as both are soft, creamy and pigmented. I think Saucebox looks wee bit darker to me in person but honestly not by much and it could be that I had a little more color on my finger than MUG.

What I like about Poolside from MUG - you can buy it individually while the teal from Saucebox is not available for individual sale, so point to MUG. What I like about the teal from Saucebox you get more product, 5 grams versus 1.8 grams from MUG, so point to Saucebox. So to me it's tied and I'll end up using both. Which ever color you choose I think you'll be happy with your choice.

Wow, 5 grams?? That's huge! They both look like they're amazing quality. I've gotta try out some Saucebox products! I don't have Poolside simply because I don't use blue shadows much, but I've got all of the green MUG shadows - I believe I have all of the green ones but haven't checked her website in a while. Envy (nearly identical to theBalm's Jealous Jordana & the shimmer version of MAC's Bottle Green), Dirty Martini, Sea Mist (more bluish-green) & Poison Ivy (more or less the shimmer version of Dirty Martini). For the most part, they're really greàt quality. Haven't tried one yet that I regret buying.

I just looked at their website.....I'm wondering if this is one of the brands I saw at IMATS last year. The packaging looks somewhat familiar. Hmmmmm.....

Saucebox Cosmetics was at IMATS LA and IMATS Vancouver last year so if you attended one of those then chances are you saw these there. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At first I thought this was a typo for Smashbox Cosmetics but man was I wrong lol. Saucebox.. how cute, but the colors are specially fabulous!

Latest posts

Back