Makeup Money

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

For those of you who don't mind answering this question, what is the most money you have ever spent on makeup at one time? The most I've spent at once is about 200.00, which I know is nothing compared to what some others have spent. I do remember going to Mac for a one on one and seeing a lady spend 10,000.00 in one day. I didn't even know Mac made bags that big. I was in shock she ended up giving the ma 7,000.00 in cash b/c she got a 30% discount b/c she did makeup at salons around Houston. So tell me your stories, b/c I know we are all addicts here. Thanks in advance!!

Whew... I don't know if I even want to think about this cause it will make me sick to realize how much $$ I spend on MU and related beauty items. But here it goes. I think that the most I ever spent was about $450 in a matter of a week at MAC. The most I ever spent in a day was about $200. It may not sound too bad since others spend a lot more than that but for me it was A LOT.

The most I spent one weekend shopping was about $400 on makeup. That wasn't so bad considering I was working at the time, and about half of it was birthday money. But still, that's a lot of money to me!!
tongue.gif

i don't know what the most i spent at one time was. i know i have spent several hundred at one time more than a couple of times. lol. it just all adds up, especially with LE collections.

you know that MUA that helped that lady was the happiest she's eaver been! that was like her goal for the whole month in one day or something!

yea, she was definitely excited. she said that she had made more than a few several thousand dollar sales before, but she is an excellent mua. BTW you ladies aren't that bad at spending, after all it's what you love.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i don't know what the most i spent at one time was. i know i have spent several hundred at one time more than a couple of times. lol. it just all adds up, especially with LE collections.
you know that MUA that helped that lady was the happiest she's eaver been! that was like her goal for the whole month in one day or something!

The most I have spent on makeup in one day was about $2,000. I was once a Mary Kay Consultant and made my first inventory purchace. Unfortunatlely that didn't quite work out well for me at the time and I still have about half that I need to sell. I about had a heart attack when making that purchase though.

yeah, i'm sure you did. i would have too, just at the thought.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by luckystar131 The most I have spent on makeup in one day was about $2,000. I was once a Mary Kay Consultant and made my first inventory purchace. Unfortunatlely that didn't quite work out well for me at the time and I still have about half that I need to sell. I about had a heart attack when making that purchase though.

The most I've spent was buying a foundation, concealor, and powder from Prescriptives a few years ago, so that was probably about $80? I don't remember. I just know my dermatologist told me he wanted me to wear Prescriptives so I got some
biggrin.gif
Up until just a year ago, all I ever wore was Prescriptives face mu, and drugstore eyeliner and mascara (and I never had more than 2 eyeliners and 1 mascara at one time!) so I obviously didn't spend that much!
smile.gif

I've been building my collection recently though, but I still stick to drugstore mu because I'm a poor student and we are saving money! So my biggest drugstore splurge was probably about $60 or $70 which obviously got me several products. I normally don't buy much at once though; since I've built up a lot of the basics, lately I've just been buying 2 or 3 items at once, 2 or 3 times a month
smile.gif
Today for example, I got a Milani e/s, a l/s, and a nail polish all for $15
biggrin.gif

Oh probably between $75 and $100. I remember I went to pick up a few things at Sephora once and ended up with $125. I had to put a few items back, so I think I only spent $80 or $90. In the month of June I spent $200 total on makeup, and I think that was a record for me.

The most in one MAC trip was $165. and that's with the 30% off. So I guess I'm actually pretty good!! I always thought I was nuts, like "who spends almost $200 on makeup in one day!?!" I feel better now!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol

nice thread!

i never buy lots at a time. i just can't because i always feel SO guilty and because i don't have a set salary (work on tips), so it's hard knowing i won't know how much i'll make for example next week! i think the most was probably $80-$90.

Originally Posted by devinjhans I do remember going to Mac for a one on one and seeing a lady spend 10,000.00 in one day. I didn't even know Mac made bags that big. I was in shock she ended up giving the ma 7,000.00 in cash b/c she got a 30% discount b/c she did makeup at salons around Houston. So tell me your stories, b/c I know we are all addicts here. Thanks in advance!! oooooooooo....i wish i can spend $7000 on mu too. that would be heaven
smile.gif

i think the most i've spent is around $120Cdn.

$100 USD is about the most at one time. I have told my husband that if I ever actually get to a Sephora store I'm spending $500
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't even want to admit to how much I've spent at one time on makeup and it's even worse because I've spent close to that amount quite a few times, a couple of times it was with a company I don't even get a discount with! Let's just say the number had 3 zeros at the end of it.

if it's for what you love that's okay. anyway it's what you do for a living right??

Originally Posted by envymi I don't even want to admit to how much I've spent at one time on makeup and it's even worse because I've spent close to that amount quite a few times, a couple of times it was with a company I don't even get a discount with! Let's just say the number had 3 zeros at the end of it.

I think the most I've spent is $150 once at Laura Mercier. I ended up having a quick makeover and the MUA did such a good job that I got sucked into buying several products.

£350, which is about $650. I was buying a lot of palettes and face brushes because I was just getting ym collection started off.

Originally Posted by devinjhans Hey Ladies,
For those of you who don't mind answering this question, what is the most money you have ever spent on makeup at one time? The most I've spent at once is about 200.00, which I know is nothing compared to what some others have spent. I do remember going to Mac for a one on one and seeing a lady spend 10,000.00 in one day. I didn't even know Mac made bags that big. I was in shock she ended up giving the ma 7,000.00 in cash b/c she got a 30% discount b/c she did makeup at salons around Houston. So tell me your stories, b/c I know we are all addicts here. Thanks in advance!!

WOW ! That's unreal... geez, I would of had a face-lift at that price...lemme ask you, with all the $$$ she spent, did it help ?? LOL... I think the most I ever spent in my hayday, would have been close to $250.00 (What was I thinking?)

That's too funny!! I definitely had to lol at that. I don't know if it helped, but I certainly hope so!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* WOW ! That's unreal... geez, I would of had a face-lift at that price...lemme ask you, with all the $$$ she spent, did it help ?? LOL... I think the most I ever spent in my hayday, would have been close to $250.00 (What was I thinking?)

Latest posts

Back