Makeup News...from UK

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LONDON (AP) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair has spent more than 1,800 pounds (US$3,130) of taxpayers' money on makeup and cosmetic artists over the past six years, according to the government.

In a written answer to Parliament, the government revealed Blair's Downing Street office had spent 1,050.22 pounds (US$1,826.66) on cosmetics for the prime minister's media appearances since 1999. In the past two years, a further 791.20 pounds (US$1,376.14) had been spent on makeup artists.

The details were released by government official Lord Bassam in a written response to a question tabled by Lord Hanningfield, a member of the main opposition Conservative Party.

FOR the record, I like Tony Blair!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LONDON (AP) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair has spent more than 1,800 pounds (US$3,130) of taxpayers' money on makeup and cosmetic artists over the past six years, according to the government.
In a written answer to Parliament, the government revealed Blair's Downing Street office had spent 1,050.22 pounds (US$1,826.66) on cosmetics for the prime minister's media appearances since 1999. In the past two years, a further 791.20 pounds (US$1,376.14) had been spent on makeup artists.

The details were released by government official Lord Bassam in a written response to a question tabled by Lord Hanningfield, a member of the main opposition Conservative Party.

claps.gif

he's gotta be pretty for the tv too...

lol. that's not that much. hell, i spend that much in 1 year on makeup alone, no makeup artists. lol!

Originally Posted by Liz lol. that's not that much. hell, i spend that much in 1 year on makeup alone, no makeup artists. lol! Amen Liz, I am right there with you on that...
icon_redface.gif

glad to see mua working.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LONDON (AP) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair has spent more than 1,800 pounds (US$3,130) of taxpayers' money on makeup and cosmetic artists over the past six years, according to the government.

claps.gif

LMAO! Something like that came out about the Irish Prime Minister (in Ireland he's called the TAOISEACH) a few months back too.. What a load of rubbish

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL it's true, but I don't know why he needs that much! TV makes you look horrible without makeup and that includes men. I wonder how much Richard Nixon spent on makeup 00-if we could equate it to today's prices.

Originally Posted by Trisha Haha, hes still damn ugly (can you tell i dont like him?? LOL) x Hehe... i agree!!But i have to say he has aged so much since he became PM!

Originally Posted by Trisha He really has! I think this country would do that to anyone x yup...!!!

I agree w/you Trisha ! (No MU in the world can help him)

Originally Posted by Trisha Haha, hes still damn ugly (can you tell i dont like him?? LOL) x

Would I be rocking the boat if I said I didn't think he was ugly?.........

....Just joking!!!
22.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha you realy had me there for a moment!! LOL x LOL

Well, we have Berlusconi... maybe worst, he's a sort of plastic surgery king
icon_twisted.gif

berlusconi-lifting.jpg

First/Then

Here is a brief paragraph from MSNBC on the subject:

Some creative types at M.A.C. have been discussing the idea of an ad campaign based on the recent revelation that British Prime Minister Tony Blair used more than $3,000 worth of cosmetics while in that office — more than twice as much as the average woman from his country. “They’re pretty irreverent,†notes a source. “[Crossdresser] RuPaul was the spokesmodel at one point.â€

Ahh , i feel sorry for him now.
icon_neutral.gif

Nothing seemed to soften Thatchers hard looks, at least he is supposed to look like a man .
icon_twisted.gif

Latest posts

Back