Makeup on film?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I only have a minute to post, but I have a quick question for anyone that has done makeup for film/video. I'm working on a couple of little independent films, and I'm finding that I'm too shiny on film. I must have the oiliest skin. It looks awful and I'm constantly powedering and blotting. Is there some kind of product that I can use to eliminate the shine that will last longer than powder. Is there a particularly long lasting powder that would be better than what I'm using now? I'm using a Sephora pressed powder over my usual Clinique powder foundation. Something not too expensive would be good, because the makeup budget is coming out of my cut of the profits! Thanks ladies!

Hi there! I work for my local community station...i was thinking if you used a oil free moisturizer first then face base/primer on your face and then try using products that are oil free. I know they are a lot of oil free foundations and concealers and try using an aloe based powder...hope it works out for you good luck

Moneeka

Originally Posted by Moneeka Hi there! I work for my local community station...i was thinking if you used a oil free moisturizer first then face base/primer on your face and then try using products that are oil free. I know they are a lot of oil free foundations and concealers and try using an aloe based powder...hope it works out for you good luck
Moneeka

Thanks Moneeka! I've been wanting to pick up a primer so this may be the right time to do it. Are there any particular brands of oil-free products that you think last longer than others? I'm already using oil-free everything, but maybe I should stop being so cheap and buy more expensive brands.

I use Zero Oil from Origins on folks that are really oily...use it under your foundation...For powders, I think Kryolan's setting powder is a good one to keep from having to constantly touch up...I don't use it, but I know alot of MUAs who do.

Hi Katy,

Have u tried the Ben Nye Matte Foundation? It's cheap ($15.99Cdn here), and meant for TV and film. For primers, I tried aloe vera 99% gel and it worked great too for eliminating oiliness.

MOST PROS USE A PRODUCT like SHINE ELIMINATOR

Liquid Powder Shine Eliminator, 2 oz. tube

Price:$22.95 Liquid Powder Shine Eliminator, 2 oz. tube

Liquid powder shine eliminator

This powder gives a soft matte finish with staying power. The "under the hot lights" secret of theatrical makeup artists. One color is good for all skin types and tones.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I only have a minute to post, but I have a quick question for anyone that has done makeup for film/video. I'm working on a couple of little independent films, and I'm finding that I'm too shiny on film. I must have the oiliest skin. It looks awful and I'm constantly powedering and blotting. Is there some kind of product that I can use to eliminate the shine that will last longer than powder. Is there a particularly long lasting powder that would be better than what I'm using now? I'm using a Sephora pressed powder over my usual Clinique powder foundation. Something not too expensive would be good, because the makeup budget is coming out of my cut of the profits! Thanks ladies!

Back