Makeup Pet Peeves?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Liz i know! i won't wear gloss or l/s if my lips are dry. i will rub them off or use my dr.feelgood lip stuff to excoliate my lips. that's why i have lip balm everywhere. oh yea i am with ya on that if my lips are gross i just use lipbalm but then i have such an addiction to lipbalm that my lips dont get gross they are always soft

i'm always rubbing my lips or licking them. especially when i'm at the gym.

Originally Posted by Liz i'm always rubbing my lips or licking them. especially when i'm at the gym. i dont lick mine but i rub them together often lol

Originally Posted by dove Horrendous!
icon_eek.gif
lmao yea it's pretty scary

lipstick on people's teeth.

i always put a finger in my mouth and that gets the extra lippie stuff that would have gotten on my teeth. or lick my teeth every once in awhile. or look in a mirror.

Originally Posted by Liz lipstick on people's teeth.
i always put a finger in my mouth and that gets the extra lippie stuff that would have gotten on my teeth. or lick my teeth every once in awhile. or look in a mirror.

oh yea i hate that too i don't see it much though thank goodness

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh yea i hate that too i don't see it much though thank goodness my mua had that when i went in for my d'bohemia appointment.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Liz my mua had that when i went in for my d'bohemia appointment.
icon_redface.gif
LMAO really i probably would have said something to her

i'm embarrased to tell them that. lol. even though i would want people to tell me if somethings wrong with me.

Originally Posted by Liz i'm embarrased to tell them that. lol. even though i would want people to tell me if somethings wrong with me. lol i'd want someone to tel me too like when i get eyeboogers or something i want to know

chapped lips are the worst. whenever somebody has those dry,chapped lips I keep staring at them and there is this urge to off this person my HG lip balm, Carmex!! how can that NOT bother you??

i don't know how it cant bother them i know i'd hate it i'm constantly putting lip balm on my little cousin in the winter he licks his lips so badly i'm always telling him to put something on them

I agree with a few of things written here - dark lipliner and pale lippie, and the wrong shade of foundation are top though. Oh, and bronzer that is wayyyyyyy to orange!!

I always lick my lips and then peel them when they start to crack
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i'm always rubbing my lips or licking them. especially when i'm at the gym.

My pet peeves are the same as yours. People (including guys) who MARINATE in fragrance!

Females who have that obvious lip liner & think they look "hot". No, it looks damn ugly! Typically seen: brown or black lip liner and that morgue-beige/brown lipstick. Or brown lip liner and pink lipstick (doesn't even match for Christ's sake!) That is so freaking ugly and I'm amazed these girls don't see it. I also hate to see clear wet lip gloss and obvious brown lip liner. You'd be amazed at what you see on the streets of NYC.

I've also seen: girls wearing eyeshadow and no mascara (looks like you forgot to finish).

Originally Posted by Liz i know! i won't wear gloss or l/s if my lips are dry. i will rub them off or use my dr.feelgood lip stuff to excoliate my lips. that's why i have lip balm everywhere. Dry lips are definitely not sexy,Fuchsia lips should be left in the 80's,and its not fun to watch someone slather makeup on in the food court at the mall when they already have ten pounds on ,I love makeup up but there is definitely a limit.

People who just cake themselves in Make-Up. A lot of people at my school have awful skin, and use a lot of make up to conceal it.. making things worse. Then they have seriously plucked eyebrows, to achieve the permanently suprised look! I also hate when people scrape their hair back of their face into a top knot, leaving only a tiny strand down.. all of it coated in a gel! I also have a serious thing for eye bogies! I can't stand them on anyone, and have to continually check my eyes throughout the day
smile.gif

Ohh just reminded me of another mu pet peeves Tinkerbell.... I can't stand when someone uses a lot of foundation and and and especially one that doesn't match the real skin color... And and and when they stop at the jaw line so you can see that huuuuge difference....

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell People who just cake themselves in Make-Up. A lot of people at my school have awful skin, and use a lot of make up to conceal it.. making things worse. Then they have seriously plucked eyebrows, to achieve the permanently suprised look! I also hate when people scrape their hair back of their face into a top knot, leaving only a tiny strand down.. all of it coated in a gel! I also have a serious thing for eye bogies! I can't stand them on anyone, and have to continually check my eyes throughout the day
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell People who just cake themselves in Make-Up. A lot of people at my school have awful skin, and use a lot of make up to conceal it.. making things worse. Then they have seriously plucked eyebrows, to achieve the permanently suprised look! I also hate when people scrape their hair back of their face into a top knot, leaving only a tiny strand down.. all of it coated in a gel! I also have a serious thing for eye bogies! I can't stand them on anyone, and have to continually check my eyes throughout the day
smile.gif
there was a girl at school who caked foundation on she had scars on her face from acne and she would just cake it on. she would have looked so much better without caked on foundation

Originally Posted by Amethyst My pet peeves are the same as yours. People (including guys) who MARINATE in fragrance!
Females who have that obvious lip liner & think they look "hot". No, it looks damn ugly! Typically seen: brown or black lip liner and that morgue-beige/brown lipstick. Or brown lip liner and pink lipstick (doesn't even match for Christ's sake!) That is so freaking ugly and I'm amazed these girls don't see it. I also hate to see clear wet lip gloss and obvious brown lip liner. You'd be amazed at what you see on the streets of NYC.

I've also seen: girls wearing eyeshadow and no mascara (looks like you forgot to finish).

omg i forgot to add the eyeshadow and no mascara i hate that my brother's girlfriend does that on occassion it bugs the heck outta me you are right it does look like she forgot to finish and yes the brown/black lip liner and the mourge beige lipstick lol that's exactly what i was picturing in my head that's what alot of those chicks on jerry springer wear lol (we see it alot in the chicago area too lol)

Back