Makeup removers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favourite makeup removers? I'm using the Nivea one,I think it's good but it won't get off eyeliner.. I need to rub a lot and use heaps. It like smudges it around my eye then I can't remove it.. Anyone tried Avon? Or nyx?

Estee Lauder - Take It Away. I've tried plenty of others, including Avon, Mary Kay, Sephora and Lancome. Nothing does it better than Estee Lauder for me. I'm also a heavy user of the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Face Wash. Not that I have acne, but after applying the remover it's a great overall cleanser.

Estee Lauder - Take It Away. I've tried plenty of others, including Avon, Mary Kay, Sephora and Lancome. Nothing does it better than Estee Lauder for me. I'm also a heavy user of the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Face Wash. Not that I have acne, but after applying the remover it's a great overall cleanser.
Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sweet almond oil and a toner made with rose water and witch hazel. Cheap,natural and works better than anything on the market!

Sweet almond oil and a toner made with rose water and witch hazel. Cheap,natural and works better than anything on the market!
Oh okay! I'll try that before i buy the Estee lauder one,thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you decide it's not for you, sweet almond oil is a good light cooking oil. I have been using oils to cleanse for over 2 yrs now. 1 bottle of rose water and a bottle of witch hazel mixed together... You can by them at Walmart.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you decide it's not for you, sweet almond oil is a good light cooking oil. I have been using oils to cleanse for over 2 yrs now. 1 bottle of rose water and a bottle of witch hazel mixed together... You can by them at Walmart.
Yes ! I second sweet almond oil. I know Lancome has a makeup remover that has a good reputation, and it removes waterproof makeup. But even if i wanted to fork out the price, i personally find it too generous on the oil part, whenever i used it i was guaranteed to have puffy eyelids in the morning, no matter how careful i was to rinse it.

The Neutrogena makeup remover works great for me, you don't need to rub hard to remove anything. The Lancome one is a little better, but considering the price difference the Neutrogena one is a better value.

If you're in a squeeze and you just realized you're out of remover, extra virgin olive oil is AMAZING--but you need to wash your face to get rid of the oil afterwords, so I wouldn't really do it often.

Originally Posted by Bella99135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your favourite makeup removers?

I'm using the Nivea one,I think it's good but it won't get off eyeliner.. I need to rub a lot and use heaps. It like smudges it around my eye then I can't remove it..

Anyone tried Avon? Or nyx?
I've tried the nyx lip and eye makeup remover, it feels quite gentle on the skin yet removes the toughest of makeup

I've tried to use cheaper eye make up removers (AHAVA, H2O, both from TJMaxx) but nothing removes as well or as gently as Lancome Bi-Facil. Its expensive but it doesn't take much and it does seem to last a long time. I put some on a cotton ball to remove eye makeup and then use a regular facial cleanser on the rest of my face.

My favorite is Clinique Take the Day off (it's safe for removing lipstick, AND strong enough for waterproof eyeliners and mascaras)

I also have DHC Cleansing Oil, which does melt the makeup off the fastest, but after washing my eyes, my vision gets really greasy which, for someone who has had eye problems since youth, it freaks me out because blindness is probably one of my longstanding worries.  I also don't feel so safe about rinsing my eyeballs out with tap water afterwords, but I don't know. It does melt it the fastest since it's olive oil based.

The other thing I've been using a lot lately have been the makeup cleansing tissues.  I like how the tissue itself is made to rub on the skin without being irritating, and it takes everything off with it, too.

I TOTALLY agree with Annelle!! CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF...is the only thing I use.  It's gentle and get's the job done.  I have tried SO many and I swear by this stuff, if they ever discontinue I will cry.  It's a bit pricy, but you don't need a lot each time so it really lasts a while.  Good luck on your search!

I'm a fan of the oil cleansing method, which takes off makeup and moisturizes! I've been using Philosophy Purity Made Simple oil cleanser and follow with their regular cleanser at night. That takes off everything, from my foundation to waterproof mascara! Also, cleansing waters are good for that, like Bioderma or Caudalie.

Back